Microsoft Corporation Microsoft Inside Sales – Tech Sales Manager in Dublin, Ireland
Are you passionate about new technologies and the potential of the next generation cloud? Does the opportunity to work with customers to solve their toughest technological and business challenges make you tick? Do you possess deep software and cloud understanding combined with superior leadership, communications and consultative capabilities? Are you ready to lead a team of highly competent, customer-facing Technical Solution Professionals at the intersection of technology and business? Microsoft's Inside Sales Centre is looking for you!
Microsoft is empowering every person and every organization on the planet to do more and achieve more. We have set ourselves three bold ambitions: create more personal computing, reinvent productivity and business processes and build the intelligent cloud.
Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. We were recently recognized as the most attractive global employer and have been and continue to be known for our exceptional citizenship and community efforts. We have offices and career opportunities in all 50 US states and 250+ countries around that world.
We invite you to start the next chapter of your journey in our new, state of the art EMEA Inside Sales Centre. As part of our team, you will help direct and develop the future sales force of Microsoft with career development opportunities into a variety of roles across the company.
Be a part of a multi-generational, diverse and customer-obsessed team that demands excellence. Develop and apply your skills alongside the leading technology, marketing and sales experts with the support of a world class training regimen in a dynamic, fast-paced sales environment. And most importantly, achieve your personal goals and advance your career whether you are looking to develop your sales skills or dive deeper into the next generation of cloud services.
Microsoft is seeking multiple managers with deep interest in cutting-edge technology to join our Inside Sales Center as a Tech Sales Manager. As a Tech Sales Manager, you will manage a team of highly-talented and skilled technical specialists, balancing the day-to-day team workload distribution, ensuring customers receive the highest quality technical guidance and solution delivery, organizing knowledge sharing across areas of expertise within the team and coaching team members. The Technical Solution team members consist of highly capable technologists that drive Microsoft wins on the latest cloud and modern development technologies. The team members’ primary responsibilities will be to engage with customers and sales reps to concept, prove and deploy customer business solutions into the Microsoft Cloud for Business offerings which include Office 365, Microsoft Azure as well as Dynamics CRM for sales productivity and business processes. They will own technical and solution envisioning with customers via Skype engagements including demos, custom demos, solution architectures, implementation plans and proof of concepts.
As a Tech Sales Manager, you will deploy your team across the Marketing and Sales Center to support our Sales Development Specialists and Inside Opportunity Executives, matching team member expertise with customer need to deliver the highest value to our customers. You will be expected to hire, build, train, mentor and coach a highly qualified team with the technical knowledge to understand and solve customer problems and the communication skills to articulate the value of our solutions to customers. You will set the targets for the team and drive the day-to-day execution of the Technical Solution team to meet and exceed the individual and team level goals.
• Build, motivate and retain a high-functioning team of technical specialists to support and drive sales conversations; hire new Technical Solution Professionals; typical team size of 8+ employees
• Meet and exceed team-level monthly, quarterly and annual targets for net-new revenue and sales pipeline, as well as operational metrics
• Accurately forecast, assess risk and identify exceptional performance plans in weekly deal and pipeline reviews with senior management as part of Sales Development Manager and Inside Opportunity Manager “priority teams”
• Lead team members through example. Lead customer calls, demos, experience sessions, architecture plans over Skype for Business to model and train employees. Coach and mentor performance through joint customer calls
• Coach team members to utilize modern sales and communications tools & techniques to effectively reach, sell to and manage Microsoft customers
• Lead TAs in conducting technical feasibility studies and proposal development, scoping the technical and security architecture for customer solutions, selecting optimal migration paths for customers, building a consumption plan, as well as executing limited POCs, if necessary
• Demonstrate aspects of the technical and business solution to customers over Skype for Business connections including live video
• Drive operational excellence of key center metrics including response rates, conversions, pipeline, velocity, accuracy, customer satisfaction, breadth of portfolio
• Provide readily available product training and technical learning opportunities for the sales team
• Improve technical and sales competency via mentoring; support individual professional development and growth
• Constantly research and educate self with the newest developments in cloud capabilities and pricing for both Microsoft and competitors
• Lead preparation of technical insights and key scenarios required to drive right technical and business solution outcomes; contribute and lead customer-facing publications such as whitepapers
• Manage the collaboration and teaming of different roles such as Sales Development Specialists, Inside Opportunity Executives, Technical Solution Professionals and Consumption Analysts to effectively progress opportunities and pipeline through the sales cycle
• Obsess over Microsoft’s customers and prospects to deliver a world-class customer engagement experience
• Manage employee performance from not meeting expectations to exceptional
• 4 year degree required and work experience in a relevant field (e.g. computer science, engineering). Sales experience preferred
• 2-5+ years experience in a relevant field, for example computer science or engineering. Sales experience and familiarity with modern sales techniques preferred
• 2+ years of technical management experience with proven track record of successfully leading teams of 6 or more
• Ability to connect technology with measurable business value
• Demonstrated technical thought leadership in customer facing situations
• Demonstrated ability in one or more of Microsoft's Cloud Solutions, e.g. Azure Cloud and Data Platform, Office 365 or Dynamics CRM Online
• Strong interpersonal skills, excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Ability to coach technical specialists on how to engage in sales conversations
• Deep technical expertise with a focus on solution design and delivery, complemented by the ability to succinctly explain and simplify technical topics
• Superior leadership skills and ability to keep an eye on the bigger picture, create opportunities for team members to shine and deliver the highest value
• Works well in a diverse team and enjoys a dynamic and changing environment
• Achievement and success-driven personality, motivated by performance rewards for exceeding annual sales goals through strategic sales leadership and strong cross business collaboration
• Experience using Microsoft Office Suite applications (Outlook, Lync, Windows 8, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, OneNote and SharePoint); Dynamics CRM or other CRM experience is a bonus
• Passion for cloud technologies and changing the world
• Must be able to legally live and work in the country for which you’re applying, without visa support or sponsorship
• Technology experience in one or more of the following areas:- Enterprise team based productivity tools such as document collaboration, email, instant messaging, voice or corporate social networking integration - Business and sales productivity tools such as Customer Relationship Management tools, e.g. SalesForce or Dynamics CRM
- Development languages such as .NET, C++, Java, PHP, Perl, Python, Ruby on Rails or Pig/Hive
• Working knowledge of cloud infrastructure components:
Software design or development
Systems Operations / Management
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity. All applications for vacant positions will be welcomed and will be considered on the relative merits of the applicant against the role profile for the position regardless of colour, race, nationality, ethnic origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, parental responsibilities, age, religion or belief.