Citi Microsoft TFS Technical Specialist in Dublin, Ireland
Primary Location: Ireland,Leinster,Dublin
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Technology
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job ID: 17047503
Citigroup Architecture and Technology Engineering (CATE), is an organisation comprising:
enterprise architecture, infrastructure engineering and design, application development engineering, emerging technology and technology vendor management.
CATE’s goal is to improve IT’s time to market and the effectiveness of our IT environment and processes. The approach is to integrate the disciplines of Architecture, Development Engineering and Infrastructure Engineering to maximize the consistency and quality of these services and to accelerate the adoption of technologies that provide competitive advantage to our businesses.
Reporting to the Head of .Net Platforms and Tools, which is part of the CATE CitiDeveloper Platform Engineering arm, the position is for a Technical Specialist within the .NET Platforms and Tools engineering team.
The CATE CitiDeveloper group is a global team that provides architectural and development support to all development groups across Citigroup as well as being involved in developing strategic enterprise shared services solutions to be used by the Investment Bank, Consumer Bank, and Corporate businesses. The .NET Platforms and Tools team is responsible for the strategic technology direction/roadmap of the .NET application stack within the whole organization.
The architecture and engineering team focuses on making sure that development projects are correctly aligned with Citigroup business objectives, standards and processes. This entails taking responsibility for all technical design within their area. This role is more focussed on the .NET application architecture and development engineering process aspects although the individual would come from a strong design and development background.
(Describe the main activities the job-holder will perform)
The candidate is expected to be innovative, dynamic, flexible and a quick-learner with excellent communication and customer facing skills. Due to the nature of the work it is essential that the candidate is highly technical with an excellent grasp of industry trends and how/ when they are mature enough for use within a large-scale organisation. Whilst previous architectural exposure is preferable, a successful candidate will need to demonstrate awareness of architectural concepts and a level headed approach to ensuring that the correct technology is used to solve business requirements.
The job requires frequent interaction with senior technology managers/software architects and therefore, the candidate needs to be confident and present himself/herself well. They need to be able to get across their ideas and views without conflict and able to persuade without appearing dictatorial. Since decisions made are likely to impact all Citi’s application development organisations, a level head and instinct to do the right thing irrespective of political pressure is essential.
The role has a development/engineering component to it so the successful candidate would be one who is comfortable with being in a hands-on development, SME and consultancy type role.
The role has the following principle accountabilities:
• Providing .NET and Windows technologies subject matter expertise to the Windows development communities.
• Architect/Design/Develop/Support enterprise scale systems/tools/frameworks/libraries for global use across Citi’s Technology groups.
• Proactively identifying and implementing opportunities that enable the development groups to provide the best solutions to their businesses.
• Understanding technology industry trends, how they impact our future solutions and provide strategic direction for the development community.
• Evaluating and providing technical solutions to solve complex/problematic processes and applications.
• Evaluating and performing POC on new strategic technical products and applications.
• Maintain an understanding of projects and strategies within all areas and ensuring that any opportunities for collaboration and reuse are identified and facilitate its implementation.
• Manage CATE initiatives and manage issues to resolution.
(What opportunities to develop can the job offer a prospective candidate?)
• Gain experience of a mature architecture process in one of the largest financial institutions in the World
• Expand and broaden understanding of a whole multitude of technologies
• Exposure to new key vendor technologies before general release
• Benefit from interaction with global development teams.
• Develop relationships with key vendors
• Part of a global development community of more than 15,000 developers.
• Career progression potential into higher technology management for the right individual
(What knowledge or experience of the role or the industry does the individual need, e.g. relevant work experience, industry and/or product knowledge)
• Strong demonstrable experience in system solutions design (coming from a development background)
• Strong understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle
• Strong Understanding of architectural concepts and design
• Demonstrable client management skills
(What academic/professional qualifications/registrations does the individual need – if relevant)
Computer Science degree.
(What specific technical skills does the individual need and at what level, e.g. specific IT/spreadsheet/analytical/modelling skills)
• Solid Microsoft Windows Technologies Experience on Win7/Win10/Win2k8Svr/Win2k12Svr platforms
• Application Architecture/Design concepts: client/server, n-tier, design patterns
• Design for production: resilience, scalability, availability, performance, security, etc
• .NET 3.5/4.x Application Hosting Platforms
• .NET Enterprise Application Development
• Dev Languages: C#, ASP.NET, XML/XAML, Powershell
• Multithreaded Programming
• SOA, Web Services, Messaging, Sockets
• SQL, SQL Server
• Visual Studio Team Editions
• Team Foundation Server
• ALM processes(eg SCRUM, Lean, Kanban)
• Continuous Delivery (Continuous Integration Builds, Continuous Testing and deployment)
• VC++, VB.NET, F#
• COM+/Enterprise Services
• Knowledge of Windows Security- Authentication and Authorization - Active Directory,
• Virtual Machine Fabric: VMWare ESX, Hyper-V
• Cloud Computing : Azure/AWS
(What competency skills sets does the individual need e.g. organisational skills, planning, resilience, motivation, teamwork, verbal communication skills etc)
• Excellent communication skills (including listening)
• First rate analytical skills
• A team player
• An enthusiastic ‘can do’ approach
• A positive and pro-active attitude
• A history of delivering against agreed objectives
• Willingness to learn
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Valuing Diversity: Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer