Microsoft Corporation Network Service Engineer in Dublin, Ireland
Microsoft IT is for those IT professionals and business technology professionals who want to be strategic partners to the business and be the first place to create innovative solutions using all of Microsoft’s products and services. Microsoft IT provides career growth opportunities, a rewarding and flexible work environment so you can better integrate professional and personal life. Inspiring what’s next, Microsoft IT employees make global impact on thousands of customers and thousands of employees who use Microsoft software and services. We are IT. And we’re kind of a big deal.
The MSIT Network Infrastructure Services(NIS) is accountable for Microsoft IT networks globally. As a network engineer in the NIS Production Engineering Team, you are responsible for the operations and deployment of network devices including routers, switches and firewalls. The focus of this position is to support/troubleshoot incidents and implement/deploy infrastructure solutions that provide the underpinning for client and server connectivity within the Microsoft network. This job includes interaction with multiple teams including product teams, security and service/project management teams. Engineer is expected to work in tight timelines for project deployments, engage with customers to troubleshoot highly secure and complex network environments.
This role requires collaboration with architecture and engineering teams to ensure good network health and deliver new hardware, services and network technologies. Do you love technology? Do you have a learner and challenger mindset? Are you ready to work with the largest technology providers in the world? Do you love to partner with our product teams to improve their capabilities and help Microsoft win in the marketplace? Then you should strongly consider this opportunity.
The Network Engineer will need to have the skills necessary to perform the following and tasks.
• Monitor and support/troubleshoot networks to meet application requirements
• Design/deploy solutions that scale to meet requirements and are easily supportable
• Leverage strong technical skills and strong engineering rigor to ensure comprehensive and effective standards and designs
• Work closely with architects and engineering teams to understand emerging technologies and how they would benefit the Microsoft network and its users
• Validate and revise key engineering artifacts such as standards and deployment guides
• Develop and maintain an extensive understanding of the Microsoft network environment
• Participate in network health analysis and optimization via monitoring and capacity planning
• Assist with the definition and tracking of key performance metrics to assess cross-organizational compliance on mutually agreed performance and availability targets
A BS degree in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience) and a minimum of 3 years in supporting/troubleshooting and deploying networks
Strong background with Routers/switches
Knowledge on firewalls and Load balancers is desirable.
Experience in routing and switching protocols OSPF, BGP, IPV4 & V6, STP, MPLS in large enterprise class or service provider networks
Very strong technical knowledge of enterprise networking solutions for very large environments
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Demonstrated leadership ability, strong team player who enjoys a fast paced atmosphere
Ability to manage multiple priorities, commitments and projects
Ability to influence and drive consensus on multiple technical views
Self-motivated, directed and passionate
Ability to learn very quickly in a fast paced environment
Keywords: NIS, UEIT, EIS, MSIT
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.