Google Optical System Administrator in Dublin, Ireland
Systems Administrators embrace Google's motto to ensure millions of users can access the world's information without a glitch. As a Systems Administrator at Google, you own and support the needs of one of Google's server infrastructure systems. You're highly technical and work directly with other server and service owners to ensure reliability and sustainability of the Google service infrastructure as well as compliance with internal policies. Success in this role means you are able to support servers in a mixed operating system environment and work efficiently with our internal technology providers as well as other operations groups. Googlers rely on your guidance when it comes to design decisions so you'll have a direct impact in keeping the business productive.
Optical System Administrators embrace Google's motto to ensure users can access the world's information without a glitch. As an Optical System Administrator at Google, you manage and support the needs of the business critical services running on Google's server infrastructure systems. You're a highly technical individual and work directly with other server and service owners to ensure reliability and sustainability of the Google service infrastructure as well as compliance with internal policies. You are able to support a variety of services in a mixed operating system environment and you will work efficiently with our internal technology providers as well as other operations groups.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We're always on call to keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Support Google's Optical Network Management systems platforms environment.
- Partner with internal customer teams to drive projects and improvements. Work with customer teams to drive project goals and prioritization.
- Work with internal partner teams to collaborate on developing automated solutions.
- Develop, coordinate and drive small projects at service level.
- Ensure compliance of service infrastructure with Google policies. Optimize existing environment based on business and security needs. Ensure the overall reliability and scalability of services.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with Unix/Linux systems.
- Experience with scripting in a multi-purpose language (Python, Perl or Go).
- Experience with dimensioning, installation and configuration of Optical Network Management Platforms for different optical equipment vendors.
- Experience in working in a multivendor NOC environment.
- Knowledge of optical long haul transport systems.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking, load balancing, workflow automation, security practices, web server software and LAN/WAN environments.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.