Google People Partner (Fixed-Term Employee) in Dublin, Ireland
People Operations strives to revolutionize human resources the same way that Google has revolutionized search. We are helping to find, grow and keep the remarkable assemblage of talent who are our Googlers. You'll be a champion of Google's culture and values, partnering with our business leaders to help them build their organizations and make sure all people decisions are based on data. Whether coaching your clients on how to lead their teams, navigating and resolving employee relations issues or managing programs that help develop our Googlers, you are exceptionally focused on putting them first, and being as clear and transparent as possible to help Googlers understand how people decisions get made.
The role of a People Partner is to solve complex organizational challenges through people-related solutions. You’ll be an integral part of the leadership and management team and, as such, will need to understand every aspect of the business, acting as a thought leader regarding People and Organizational topics. It’s your role to create the end-to-end People Strategy that will support Googlers in realizing their wildest ambitions. This will require you to think big, use data to guide your work, be comfortable challenging convention, and, in some cases, reinvent how work is done.
In addition to this, you’ll partner with a cross functional group of subject matter experts to design and execute your strategy for how we staff, onboard, develop, motivate, retain and organize talent.
Great just isn't good enough for our People Operations team (you probably know us better as "Human Resources"). Made up of equal parts HR professionals, former consultants and analysts, we're the champions of Google's colorful culture. In People Ops, we "find them, grow them, and keep them" - we bring the world's most innovative people to Google and provide the programs that help them thrive. Whether recruiting the next great Googler, refining our core programs, developing talent or simply looking for ways to inject some more fun into the lives of our Googlers, we bring a data-driven approach that is reinventing the human resources field.
- Consult with Google's leaders to create a comprehensive people plan in order to influence lasting change over large functions at Google. Be a trusted advisor and coach to the senior leadership and play a critical role in enhancing their leadership effectiveness.
- Drive people-related initiatives with your communication, coaching and influencing skills, and offer thought-leadership regarding organizational/people-related strategy and execution. Provide insightful data to guide decision making and provide proactive solutions.
- Build organizational health by ensuring that the organization is structured in a way that helps achieve business objectives. Manage talent effectively to ensure we have the right people in the right roles. Enable business leaders to cultivate an effective leadership pipeline.
- Set the strategy for People Operations programs. Educate clients on various HR initiatives including learning and development, recognition programs, reorganizations and various management issues.
- Partner closely with functional People Partners and People Operations to deliver high-value service to client groups. Address and manage a broad spectrum of employee relations matters, and work to resolve them through a systematic approach, adhering to company policies, local employment laws and best practices.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience working as a HR Business Partner (HRBP), or generalist experience (e.g. supporting senior leaders at global companies).
- Experience in HR disciplines and in related emerging practices and developments.
- Project management and operations experience (e.g. managing site wide/organizational projects and initiatives).
- MA/MS or MBA degree.
- A combination of HR experience in the following areas: organizational design, succession planning, performance management, diversity and inclusion, business consulting, coaching and development, talent management, data analysis, and employee relations.
- Experience as a management consultant, working with external clients.
- Demonstrated bias for strategy and action. Comfortable rolling up your sleeves to get things done, and the next moment being part of deeply complex strategy discussion.
- Analytical and problem solving skills. Ability to analyze data, understand trends and develop recommendations for action based on the analysis.
- Effective consulting and coaching skills, with the ability to build relationships with senior leaders and a complex set of stakeholders to drive organizational change.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.