Citi Project Manager in Dublin, Ireland
Primary Location: Ireland,Leinster,Dublin
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Operations
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: No
Job ID: 17046591
The Tax Information Reporting department (“TIR”) is the centralised team responsible for Citi’s US tax information reporting functions. Comprising operations and project teams, TIR provides support for Citi businesses globally, covering all aspects of US tax compliance including tax document processing, withholding and reporting.
The purpose of this role is to provide project management and business analysis support for initiatives that impact TIR and the Citi businesses that TIR supports. Scope of the role is front-to-back, cross-product and cross-business.
The primary focus of this role will be on build-out and implementation of tactical and strategic deliverables in support of annual Tax Information Reporting activities. This will encompass both operational process and technology infrastructure. Working closely with operations and technology partners, the successful candidate will develop a clearly defined future-state target operating model, supported by a clearly defined roadmap and associated implementation plans to achieve this. In parallel, this role will be responsible for execution of tactical and interim deliverables to support incremental improvements to the annual reporting cycle. This will cover all aspects of project management associated with execution of the programme, which will include multiple lines of business, multiple geographies and multiple regulatory reporting regimes. Certain business analysis activities may also be required.
In addition, this role will assume primary direct line management responsibility for the wider TIR Project team located in Dublin. This will include team members allocated to other initiatives. Associated activities will include performance reviews, development planning and recruitment as needed.
• Assume full project management responsibilities for end-to-end implementation of all deliverables, including proactive identification and management of risks and issues, senior stakeholder engagement, scheduling, budget and resource management
• Develop individual project artefacts as necessary, including Project Initiation Documents (PIDs), project plans, RAID logs, Business Requirements documents (BRDs) and UAT plans
• Develop Target Operating Models, end-state/future-state vision and roadmap to achieve
• Perform detailed business analysis and process redesign as needed to determine tactical solutions and drive out strategic end-state
• Management and oversight of UAT planning, strategy and execution where needed
• Direct line management responsibilities (performance reviews, development, coaching, recruitment, etc.)
• Work with the global team including Operations, Technology, Corporate Tax and front office to ensure successful program planning and approach decisions, execution of the project and delivery into production.
• Bachelors with extensive years of relevant experience required.
• Experience leading projects encompassing both IT systems and business process change is essential
• Past experience leading implementation on multi-region projects is essential
• Experience leading multi-year, multi-system projects is desired
• Direct line management experience (performance reviews, development planning, recruitment, etc)
• Demonstrable experience working in a PM role within a dedicated change and/or IT function is essential
• Experience working as a BA collecting, defining and documenting business and technology requirements is essential
• Experience managing UAT and associated planning and strategy is essential
• Experience with IT vendor engagements is highly desired
• Experience in Tax Information Reporting or other regulatory reporting projects highly desired
• Knowledge and working experience of Capital Markets products and industry preferred
• High level of proficiency across all aspects of project management
• Ability to organize multiple parallel tasks/streams; a self-starter who can work independently with minimal oversight
• Ability to lead and drive implementation working through others
• Excellent business analysis and problem solving skills essential
• Ability to think strategically
• Ability to determine practical solutions to meet tactical needs that align with strategic vision
• Strong work ethic and ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Strong written and verbal communications skills essential
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with multiple functions (Front Office, Operations, Compliance, Technology, Corporate Tax and Finance) to ensure communication, collaboration and agreement
• Ability to collaborate and come to decisions quickly
• Ability to quickly grasp and master new concepts / requirements and related product / functional knowledge
• Ability to learn/understand some technical implications of system design
• Strong data analysis skills – ability to take large amounts of data, analyse, identify patterns, issues, etc.
• Staff performance management and development
• Strong Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, MS Word and MS Project knowledge; previous experience with MS Access desirable
• Formal PM qualification highly desired
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer