Citi Project Manager/Business Analyst 9 months FTC in Dublin, Ireland
Primary Location: Ireland,Leinster,Dublin
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Institutional Client Service
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: No
Job ID: 17037262
The OTC middle office group is recruiting to meet the needs of our growing client base.
Services include the provision of OTC trade capture, confirmation and affirmation and settlement services. Back office reporting and regulatory reporting.
In addition to the day-to-day provision of services to fund managers, the group is also responsible for developing, implementing, and testing the necessary trade platforms to support the evolving needs of fund managers’ middle office.
This position has become available given the expansion of Middle Office as a product offering for Fund Managers.
The position will be based in Dublin, but the successful candidate will work closely with North America team.
The position will also involve oversight of offshore locations.
Participate in the expansion of OTC Middle Office Services which includes management of the daily middle office operations tasks in an effective, timely and accurate manner including the following :
Day to Day Operations including:
• Assist clients in daily middle office operations tasks in an effective, timely and accurate manner conforming to SAS 70 requirements.
• Work directly with trade ops, Fund Accounting and Technology in establishing governance and managing deliverables, including T deliverables as required.
• Working with middle office teams across globe to leverage expertise/time zones
• Ensure trades load into our middle office platform from client’s front-office system.
• Manage securities origination and verify manually created OTC security masters
• Process corporate actions such as: dividends, stock splits, mergers and acquisitions
• Confirming positions for our client.
• Confirming processing of corporate actions with client and Prime Brokers.
• Confirm transactions details with counterparties.
• Report and resolve identified breaks and settlement issues as they arise.
• Agree Trade Fees and coupons/cashflows on the trade population with Counterparties by settlement date.
• Disseminate transaction details to our clients’ third parties (Fund Administrator, Prime Brokers, matching service providers, clearing houses etc.)
• Ensure effective handoff of data and reconciliations to Fund Administration team and other parties as required.
• Perform Daily CFD Trade Reconciliations and OTC Position reconciliations.
• Process and record on behalf of our client the transaction life cycle events and report to our client all such events and each transaction's status.
• Handle and record on behalf of our client all communication and queries arising from any third party.
• Development and management of offshore staff to meet key client deliverables
• Work directly with the Middle Office Change team on new fund implementations, change requests and projects.
• Ensure trades are reported in line with the European Markets Infrastructure Regulation (EMIR).
Responsible for operating in a controls environment
Manage Client relationships.
• Prepare reporting for management and Client relating to middle office activities including:
• Position, Cash flow reports, daily profit and loss reports and counterparty reports on a daily basis.
• Positions, market values, trade activity, trade breaks, aged items breaks on request.
• Confirmations, Settlements and EMIR Monthly MIS.
• Other metrics reporting as required.
• Manage offshore teams’ workload to ensure successful delivery of services to all clients
• Run offshore team meetings with onshore and offshore participation
• Opportunity to work in with a global team to expand OTC Middle Office services in EMEA.
• Opportunity to work with complex, rapidly changing product set.
• Ability to implement new processes and technology to support new business initiatives, improve control and increase operating efficiency.
• Develop and demonstrate ability to work under pressure in a high growth environment, implement high quality processes with strong focus on improving process.
• Knowledge of trade routing, portfolio management and reconciliation processes. Previous experience with Calypso or a portfolio management system a plus
• Ability to actively contribute to Company’s daily workflow and implement changes effectively when required
• Knowledge of Securities, specifically OTC derivatives: Need to know basics including:, equities, fixed income, standard derivatives and where to look for information on others. Knowledge on OTC’s a distinct advantage.
• Approachable: Required for dealing with external sources and other staff members.
• Knowledge of securities Understanding of service providers to a hedge fund
• Management experience with onshore and offshore teams
• Computer Skills: An intermediate knowledge of Excel/Word is essential.
• Time Management Skills: Deadlines are regular and must be met.
• Logic / Reasoning Skills: A clear and efficient thinker will be more effective with reconciliation’s
• Accounting Skills: Previous experience on NAV’s is essential. Part qualified/qualified accountant would be desirable.
• Strong interpersonal as well as oral and written communication skills are required.
• Strong client service focus, including the ability to effectively respond to client needs.
• Excellent follow-up, analytical and problem solving skills
• University degree (B.A., B.Sc., B.B.S.) in Business (preferably majoring in Accountancy or another Financial-related program)
• Proven professional skills,extensive years of experience in hedge fund accounting/Middle Office operations or similar role. Experience in most of the following areas: trade life cycle, margin calculations, daily investment accounting, reconciliation, pricing and corporate actions.
• Results: Meet internal and external requirements demonstrating ability to operate on initiative in a controlled environment.
• Communication: Disseminate relevant information to all key stakeholders.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Valuing Diversity: Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer