Google Sales Engineering Manager, Google Cloud in Dublin, Ireland
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and evolve their business through the use of Google’s global network, web-scale data centers and software infrastructure. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
As a Sales Engineering Manager you will lead a team of engineers who engage with small and medium business prospects and internal stakeholders.
You should be a strong motivator and possess the critical interpersonal skills required to manage a diverse collection of engineering professionals. You will also have excellent technical, communication and organizational skills. You will maintain personal technical expertise and be prepared to engage directly with prospects as the opportunity presents itself. In addition, you should feel comfortable working cross-functionally with our product, support, engineering, and sales teams.
Google Cloud helps millions of employees and organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. And our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life.
- Collaborate with Sales Engineering management to determine staffing levels to support annualized business goals.
- Organize, train and equip the Sales Engineering team. Assess team’s go-to-market readiness and develop plans to ensure the team is prepared in support of annualized business goals.
- Work with Google Cloud Sales team leadership to identify, qualify, and prioritize coverage for business development opportunities.
- Work with the sales account team, customer support, product management, customer solutions, and engineering to resolve product issues affecting customer satisfaction.
- Travel to customer sites, conferences, and other related events as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience serving in the capacity of a technical field engineer in a cloud computing environment, or equivalent experience in a similar customer facing role, e.g. within a professional services, solutions architect, or systems engineering team.
- Experience serving in the capacity of a field engineering manager successfully leading teams to achieve strategic goals.
- Experience with software lifecycle and build tools. Experience architecting and developing software for scalable, distributed systems.
- Experience with Linux.
- Experience with database and information management.
- Knowledge of Big Data, PaaS, SaaS, IaaS, public cloud, and related industry and technical concepts. Knowledge of web application development platforms and related technologies, enterprise networking and identity management systems.
- Ability to craft a compelling message and tailor it for a given audience. Ability to mix deep technical expertise with simple, everyday language to deliver a story that is memorable and useful.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.