Citi S&D Settlements Analyst4 - 9mnth FTC in Dublin, Ireland
Primary Location: Ireland,Leinster,Dublin
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Transaction Processing
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: No
Job ID: 17031356
Depository data reconciliation group shall be responsible for the reconciliation of positional data between the Depository (Common and Specialised) the ICSDs and External Agents on a daily basis. This is a newly formed function following the implementation of the CSD Regulation requirements by our clients Euroclear and Clearstream. All data discrepancies that are identified by the Citi or the ICSDs must be compared investigated and resolved.
Agency and Trust is a successful product, receiving industry acclaim and has recently been voted the number one service provider by both clearing systems, in a product where we also have the largest portfolio and the highest volumes.
The main functions of the Global Agency and Trust Service Team (AandT) are:
• Act as Common and Specialised depository for both Euroclear and Clearstream
• Act as Issuing and Paying Agent on behalf of Issuers for Bonds, MTNs and ECP.
• Act as Security and Cash Custodian on structured finance and Agency and Trust related deals, primarily repackaged debt and Escrow Project Finance.
• Vault safekeeping
The Depository processing team is responsible for undertaking an executing the tasks related to our role as Specialised and Common Depository on behalf of Euroclear and Clearstream. The team also undertake a role as agent in a number of domestic markets globally
• Ensure timely receipt of balances on a daily basis from external agents on all impacted instruments.
• Review and reconcile any positional discrepancies with the ICSDs (Euroclear and Clearstream) and external agents on a daily basis.
• Provide Euroclear and Clearstream with timely feedback for all data discrepancies identified.
• Ensure completion of all daily processes/deliverables across the team.
• Provision of daily metrics to management.
• Work with team leader to develop and embed new process and development of an automated solution.
• Demonstrate ability to manage internal and external client relationships, to ensure Department responsibilities and objectives are met.
• Other adhoc processes and duties as required to support the team.
• Enhance Agency and Trust knowledge, across a number of teams, with opportunities to progress within the business.
• Direct communication/exposure to Euroclear/Clearstream, Issuers, Calculation and Paying Agents.
• Exposure to different product types such as MTN’s, ECP’s, Bonds, Equities and Warrants.
• Exposure to Project and Time management tasks.
• Ideally from an Operations background with sound understanding of securities.
• Good understanding of general MS software packages (Excel, Word, and Outlook)
• Knowledge of Euroclear and Clearstream and Transfer Agents would be advantageous.
• Knowledge of Product type / structures, swift formats would be advantageous.
• Good client service skills
• Initiative is essential
• Strong organisational skills and an ability to work accurately under pressure
• Ability to work within a team dealing with high volumes.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
• Good team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Strong attention to detail and high quality focus.
• Ideally educated to degree standard
• Client Focus
• Manages Risk
• Team Working
• Problem Solving
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Valuing Diversity: Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer