Citi Senior Business Analyst in Dublin, Ireland
Primary Location: Ireland,Leinster,Dublin
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Technology
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job ID: 17043701
Senior BA required with excellent Global/Direct Custody and Asset Servicing knowledge, to support the busines and technology team to define and deliver a wide range of regulatory, market mandatory and 'build the bank' projects.
The role offers an excellent opportunity for people to rapidly expand and build their skills working on multi-disciplinary and globally dispersed teams with exposure to numerous technologies in the MSST Custody Services area and the wider organisation.
Working closely with business and operations partners and the technology teams to understand and clarify business requirements and identify opportunities to enhance the MSST Custody Services product. Liaising with all parties to create innovative functional designs and leveraging the current application functionality and seeking to build the application for future growth and stability.
The role will require quick acquisition of business domain or specific market knowledge to be able to support the varied initiatives that the team are required to develop, often with tight deadlines.
The role is based on the London office, but projects may require travel to attend workshops with business stakeholders as a subject matter expert, provide user training and knowledge share, or for support of implementation.
• Managing and participating in the generation of requirements relating to ongoing business and strategic initiatives
• Provide analytical and business expertise to the development teams and project managers (Citi IT / vendors) for the delivery of these requirements to the business
• Be a liaison between the development teams (Citi IT / vendors), and the business users of the system
• Provide analytical perspective to the business throughout the software development process
• Coordinate with users to receive specifics on requirements
• Some Project Management activities so flexibility is required
• Vendor management; ensuring that vendors are delivering on time and within budget
• Act as subject matter expert in Direct Custody / Global Custody / Asset Servicing space
• Close coordination with development teams to ensure quality of delivery and adherence to specification through quality control testing and requirement traceability
• Create and execute detailed test scripts to verify technology project delivery is to specification
• Overseeing project implementation phases and product roll-out
• Be able to organise and present user training
• Stakeholder Management across multiple locations
• A broad understanding of Securities products & Corporate Actions and their operational lifecycle, and the systems infrastructure that supports them
• Specific in depth knowledge of Settlements and Asset servicing along with Corporate Actions / Income / Tax and direct custody market knowledge
• Experience of Cash, FX and Treasury and Swift messaging standards an advantage
• Previous Business Analysis experience preferred
• Knowledge of the software development life cycle required
• Good analytical and problem analysis skills
• Ability to work effectively under own supervision
• Relationship management skills: Ability to develop and sustain positive partnerships and be a team player
• Excellent communication skills (written and oral) at several levels throughout the organisation
• Excellent organisational skills
• Ability to work effectively under pressure, often involving changing priorities and multiple deadlines
• Ability to pass on knowledge and mentor staff
• Extensive experience with MS Office Suite
• Very good communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to produce easily understood documentation
• Strong team player able to respond under pressure to many demands adhering to aggressive timescales
• Good negotiation skills
• Has initiative and ability to react to changing priorities
• Work to tight deadlines and enjoy steep learning curves
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Genuine interest in learning about Financial Markets (although prior knowledge of financial markets is not essential, it will certainly be beneficial)
• Ensure projects are delivered in line with user requirements, on time and on budget
• Ensure that team members meet the design, programming standards and principles
• Gain full understanding of the global business and technology products in use to be able to design and deliver innovative and practical solutions
• Project Management Qualification such as PMP/ Prince2 would be an advantage
The following qualification level is essential for this position:
• Strong academic background
• Suitable business experience
• Undergraduate degree or business qualification
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Valuing Diversity: Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organizational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer.