Citi Senior Case Manager in Dublin, Ireland
Primary Location: Ireland,Leinster,Dublin
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Documentation and Information Management
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: No
Job ID: 17039699
ICG KYC CBSU is a front office support / control function (currently supporting 53 EMEA counties) within ICG responsible for the approval process of the KYC Record within Citi’s KYC risk management programme.
The unit is responsible for ensuring compliance with both local regulatory requirements and Citigroup standards for Anti-Money Laundering (AML).
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading a team of up to 6 Case Managers ensuring oversight over their daily functions and daily checking and feedback on the quality of Case Manager completions. The candidate will assist the Section Manager and Operations Manager in the leadership function within the department.
• Lead a team of up to 6 Case Managers
• Provide support, guidance and lead team members
• Point of escalation for Team
• Manage relationships with Relationship Management teams and Compliance for each country supported by the department
• Work with Section Manager on goal setting, performance management planning/implementation and one to ones
• Assist relationship and coverage teams globally in completion of the KYC Record
• Perform the checking procedure and ensure quality and coaching needs are identified and met on the team
• Communicate and coordinate with senior management of ICG EMEA from coverage, compliance, implementations, risk, and operations in various products
• Assist with Process Design and management for department.
• Oversight for Adherence with Citi and regulatory policies and procedures as well as housekeeping standards, team controls and processes
• Management of ad-hoc departmental projects as assigned
• Maintain a workforce with capability to execute flawlessly
• Work with Section Manager to develop team members in line with versatility matrix and team needs.
• Support Operations Head, Team Lead, and case managers in the completion of KYC Records
• Conduct the performance appraisals process for junior staff and assess their developmental needs (Note – for Costa Rica and Mumbai, appraisals performed by Team Lead)
• Develop coverage/succession plan for out of office/ holidays and vacation scenarios (Note – For CR this is performed by Team Lead)
• Responsible for the execution/completion of KYC Records assigned to the pod and quality control of the completed KYC Records
• Responsible for checking all KYC Records within team, and capturing rejection reasons per KYC Record checked
• Meet Case Managers on daily basis to discuss WIP KYC Records and to provide feedback based to them based on KYC Records checked
• Mentor and coach Case Managers on an on-going basis
• Acts as expediter for chasing up 1st level escalations within the BSU organization
• Ensure that relationship/coverage team gets the expected service within the agreed timelines and facilitate calls where deemed necessary
• Act as the country coordinator (or participate actively when the CM is the country coordinator – a) coordinate periodic country calls; b) liaise with compliance; c) be the primary contact for country management for KYC related matters
• Monitor workflow database daily and ensure that various KYC Record activities are getting competed in-time and as expected
• Resolve any issues in performance or in quality of KYC Records and escalate to Team Lead / Operations Head wherever necessary
• Proactively identifies and resolves any other execution risks and issues, escalating Issues to RM Supervisor, Compliance, Operations Head etc. to ensure KYC Records progress
• Conduct side by side training on a monthly basis to ensure Case Managers are having full comprehension of the policies and procedures
• Responsible for processing a small KYC Record population, preferably complex cases that need higher level of experience/attention to detail
• Conduct calibration sessions to standardize knowledge across SCMs
• Review/implement feedback from Compliance and BSG (as applicable) to ensure continuous improvements
• Monitor their pipeline of work daily (e.g. coming due) and ensure actioned as per agreed timelines Ensure data quality in the BSU/FCB tool with periodic checks
• Provide support and cover to the SCMs within BSU on generic activities such as Checker Hub
Communication / Reporting
• Address questions/concerns that staff may have on organizational communication (Note – for Costa Rica and Mumbai, activity performed by Team Lead)
• Manage upward communication – Huddle updates, escalations, issues/ concerns etc.
• Track and report time log (CMs and Case Researcher) on a daily basis
• Monitor operational metrics required for management level reporting
• Great opportunity to gain experience in People Management; Risk Management and Process Management.
• Extensive years of experience in banking or finance
• Extensive years people management experience
• Experience in control/risk or Compliance (AML/KYC) function (an advantage)
• Knowledge and experience of the technologies and processes used in Citi
• Knowledge of AML policies and regulatory requirements
• Considerable experience of dealing with senior management in a multi-function environment
• Leadership and Motivational skills
• Innovation and change management
• Process re-engineering and improvement
• Excellent communication skills – ability to communicate at all levels within the organisation
• Change management and implementation
• Excellent people management experience
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Proficient use of Microsoft Applications ( Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Visio, Project )
• Project Management Skills
• MIS and metrics and efficiency analysis skills
• University degree in Law, Business/Finance, Math, Economics.
• Ability to work well under pressure and tight time frames
• Accuracy and strong attention to detail
• Ability to multitask and prioritize
• Minimum supervision with self-directed, project management skills
• Strong organizational and planning
• Pro-active, flexible, have good organizational skills and must be team player.
• Ability to work in a dynamic environment.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Valuing Diversity: Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer