Veritas Senior DevOps Engineer in Dublin, Ireland
Senior DevOps Engineer
Veritas' vision is to enable organizations to thrive in this new world of digital business.
Did you know that the International Data Corporation (IDC) predicts that data will double every 2 years, reaching 44 zetabytes by 2020? That's more bytes than gallons of water in the ocean and an exponentially growing problem for businesses. Veritas helps organizations harness the power of their data & turn it into actionable insights.
We believe information is everything! Data is an organization's digital currency; a critical business asset that is growing in value. We are the only company that provides a data management platform to address the core challenge of accessing, managing, and analysing all of their data, no matter where it is, in real time - allowing organizations to truly maximize the value of their data.
Veritas is currently looking for motivated individuals who not only “do” but are also leaders who influence change and make a difference. The team is always looking for passionate, dedicated individuals who are self-motivated in their work and careers.
Veritas Storage & SDS Engineering team is in search for a developer for Customer Focus Engineering for solving complex and challenging enterprise customer problems in Software Defined Storage space. As a subject matter expert, the developer will need to work closely with the customer support organization, sales, and the internal engineering stakeholders to deliver solutions on existing and emerging Storage products.
Senior DevOps Engineer Responsibilities:
- Build, maintain and improve B uild and R elease infrastructure for multiple release streams of Enterprise Scale n-tier software products
- Design, build and maintain a secure Windows and Linux based server infrastructure
- Design and build automated deployment frameworks (CI/CD)
- Set up and maintain TFS including source code repository, build workflows, definitions and libraries
- Establish code base integrity, check-in validation rules, and branching & merging processes
- Collaborate with scrum teams to establish and maintain automated regression suite infrastructure, performance testing infrastructure and troubleshoot issues
- Incorporate and maintain static and dynamic code analyzers, code coverage tools in build infrastructure
- Design, enhance and maintain automation, deployment and orchestration of infrastructure using tools like Puppet etc, for various needs like automated regression, UAT, etc.
- Manage software release activities, escrow process for main software releases, cumulative hot-fixes, etc.
- Providing capabilities (services) to allow development teams to be self-sufficient
- Design, develop, improve operational processes including automated backup and recovery procedures, security and patch management
- Create and maintain run books and operational documentation
- Driving root cause analysis and resolution
- Analyse performance and capacity for all components in the engineering lab environments
- Evaluate advancements in DevOps, new infrastructure and tools; look for ways to bring more effectiveness and efficiency
Senior DevOps Engineer Skills & Experience:
- Experience in Build and Release engineering, DevOps scripting, and automation
- Hands-on experience in maintaining code repositories (TFS, Git/Stash)
- Hands-on experience working with build scripts and tools such as MsBuild, Ant and Maven, Powershell/batch scripts
- Experience with Microsoft Server Technologies (Windows Server, IIS, Exchange, PowerShell scripting)
- Team player with demonstrated collaboration skills to work with IT/Lab and engineering scrum teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication to effectively work with distributed engineering teams using Agile development methodologies
- Application Lifecycle Management
- Experience in Team Foundation Server 2015, MSBuild scripting, and C# language
- Deployment of MS SQL Server 2008 - 2016
- Deployment of Java, Web Services (RESTful APIs), .NET stack
- Knowledge of email and communication systems and journaling (MS Exchange, Skype for Business) and OAuth Technologies, Azure
- Experience with Linux (CentOS/RHEL/Debian) including scripting (Bash, Python)
Why this opportunity is perfect for you?
If you are looking for a job within fast-pace, high tech environment in global company, Veritas is perfect for you. We are currently building new team in Dublin to deliver new approach to data management. You will be able to create brand new project from scratch – working together with US team. This is exciting opportunity to take a risk and try new things! As a company we offer competitive salary together with bonus and wide range of benefits as well as development opportunities.
Make a difference in technology world with us!
Submit your application via out website and one of our recruitment touch will be in touch.
Working at Veritas
Nearly 90% of Fortune 500 companies already use Veritas core solutions and these solutions catalogue the 1.5% of target rich data today. Veritas helps customers transform their data into information, and those insights into competitive advantage.
At Veritas, you will enjoy an open, flexible, and supportive environment which lets you bring your ideas to life. Our commitment to development and diversity sparks innovation.
If impact, innovation and a winning culture are important to you, consider a career at Veritas.
We Embrace Diversity
Diversity in thought, perspective, experience and life is a vital part of our culture. It is this culture, that allows us to innovate, solve problems and succeed.
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (FCO), we will also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records.
EEO is the Law. Applicants and employees of Veritas Technologies LLC are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click here to find out more.
Veritas will respond to requests for reasonable accommodations to assist you in applying for positions at Veritas, or to submit a resume. If you need to request an accommodation, please contact our HR Helpdesk by email at AskHR@Veritas.com .