ICON Clinical Research Senior Group Financial Accountant in Dublin, Ireland
Senior Group Financial Accountant
- Location: Dublin*
Looking for a role with exposure? One where you hold a visible position across a finance function spanning multiple geographies? A role that you can make your own?
The senior group financial accountant will work within the ICON group finance function and play a key role in ensuring compliance with the Group’s external financial reporting filing obligations under both US GAAP and IFRS.
The senior group financial accountant will also have responsibility for the monthly, quarterly and annual consolidation close process and the preparation of statutory financial statements for intermediate holding companies. They will be responsible for ensuring SOX compliance for all group finance activities and intermediate holding company activities.
- Role responsibilities include:*
• Recognize, exemplify and adhere to ICON's values around our commitment to people, clients and performance.
• Embrace and contribute to our culture of process improvement with a focus on streamlining our processes adding value to our business and meeting client needs.
• Recognize the importance of and create a culture of process improvement with a focus on streamlining our processes adding value to our business and meeting client needs.
• Work within the core Group finance team to prepare and present all stock exchange reporting obligations (both NASDAQ/SEC) to strict deadlines ensuring the integrity and accuracy of information reported
• Play a key role in the preparation and presentation of the Group 20F (US GAAP), IFRS annual report and quarterly stock exchange filings while ensuring accuracy, integrity and timeliness of all documents.
• Manage the monthly & quarterly reporting consolidation close process to tight reporting timelines ensuring integrity and accuracy of reported information
• Prepare statutory financial statements in accordance with FRS 101 for intermediate holding companies, liaising with external auditors to ensure timely completion
• Assist in providing accounting and regulatory guidance (both US GAAP, IFRS (and FRS 101)) to wider group finance teams on key accounting issues impacting the business
• Develop close working relationship with both corporate functions and business units to help in identifying accounting issues arising from new transactions or activities
• Work closely with corporate tax, treasury and wider corporate finance teams to ensure timely and accuracy of reporting
• Support development of presentation materials for senior management and Audit Committee
• Ensure compliance with SOX for all group finance and intermediate holding company activities.
• Support continuous improvement of systems and processes for both financial and statutory reporting
- Experience & Knowledge Requirements*:
• Professional accounting qualification with 2-4 years post qualification experience
• Strong technical accounting background with ability to research and present technical accounting issues under IFRS and US GAAP
• Ability to act on initiative, multi-task and problem solve within tight reporting deadlines
• Very high attention to detail and accuracy
• Highly motivated, team player with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to develop relationships across finance and in the wider business
• Oracle experience and advanced excel an advantage
• Strong academic background
• Bachelor’s Degree or local equivalent, in accounting, finance, business or related discipline.
• ACA/ACCA qualified
- Benefits of Working in ICON*
ICON enjoys a strong reputation for quality and is focused on staff development. We make it our mission to attract the most diverse and creative minds into the business and we continually strive to provide opportunities for our people to excel, grow and build a great career. We understand that our greatest asset is the skills and talents of our people and they are truly what set us apart. Other than working with a great team of smart and energetic people, we also offer a very competitive benefits package. This varies from country to country so a dedicated recruiter will discuss this with you at interview stage. We care about our people as they are the key to our success. We provide an open and friendly work environment where we empower people and provide them with opportunities to develop their long term career.
ICON is an equal opportunity employer - M/F/D/V and committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment