Google Senior International Tax Manager in Dublin, Ireland
Google's in-house tax team knows all things corporate tax. Made up of smart, perceptive Googlers with a flair for domestic, international and sales & use tax, the knowledge and expertise of this team runs deep. You have years of experience in this field and an extensive knowledge of those tax issues most relevant to internet companies. While we don't give our Googlers individual tax advice, you make it easy for Googlers to get what they need to make good tax decisions. You find ways to work smarter by streamlining and automating our tax processes and systems, and find ways to be both innovative and compliant.
Google's Tax department is looking to hire an experienced Senior International Tax Manager to join the tax team based in the EMEA Headquarters in Dublin. This role reports directly to the EMEA Tax Director.
You will succeed in this role if you have strong tax technical skills, good commercial judgment and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. This role requires proven project management skills and a track record of strong cross-functional and cross-regional collaboration on complex operational business solutions.
The name Google came from "googol," a mathematical term for the number 1 followed by 100 zeros. And nobody at Google loves big numbers like the Finance team when providing in depth analysis on all manner of strategic decisions across Google products. From developing forward-thinking analysis to generating management reports to scaling our automated financial processes, the Finance organization is an important partner and advisor to the business.
- Assist with proactive tax advice with respect to the group's operations in the EMEA region and advising on tax consequences of various transactions including assistance in acquisition integration and reorganization activities, such as due diligence and liquidation or reorganization of acquired subsidiaries.
- Monitor and analyze proposed and newly enacted tax legislation.
- Work with the outsourced tax compliance process for EMEA and support U.S. international tax compliance for relevant subsidiaries including providing assistance with transfer pricing documentation process.
- Support with managing regional tax audits conducted by authorities in various EMEA countries.
- Partner with regional business leaders, finance and legal teams in addition to external advisers on various business and tax planning matters, including new product launches.
- BA/BS degree in Business, Finance, Law or Accounting or equivalent practical experience
- Accounting qualification and/or law degree.
- Ability to manage outside advisors. Ability to interact in a constructive manner with personnel at all levels of the organization.
- Strong analytical, organization, documentation, and research skills. Ability to simplify and communicate technical tax issues
- Exceptional interpersonal and leadership skills along with a commitment to professionalism and collegiality. Ability to work independently and balance multiple projects and processes simultaneously.
- Strong communication and influencing skills. Ability to build relationships.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.