Citi Senior KYC Specialist in Dublin, Ireland
Primary Location: Ireland,Leinster,Dublin
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Risk Management
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: No
Job ID: 17039641
The ICG KYC BSU is an AML/KYC support and control function within the Operations & Technology group responsible for the preparation, development, due diligence and approval of the KYC Record and associated documentation in partnership with Relationship Management and Compliance.
The job focuses primarily on assisting with various process improvement projects and ensuring timely and effective KYC Record processing for high risk clients in EMEA – Banks (primarily foreign correspondent banks) & MSB’s (money service businesses) – in order to assist in ensuring adherence to Citi’s regulatory deliverables.
The successful candidate will play a central role in supporting the local & global leadership team, reporting direct to the Focus Clients Head.
The candidate will be tasked with leading the team’s overall goal of all high risk Focus client records completion within the agreed timeframe.
This role will require the successful candidate to assist with coordination and execution of continuous improvement of procedures, processes and standards across the focus operation to achieve high levels of customer service, cost-effectiveness and maximum efficiency.
Continual interaction is required with global and regional KYC seniors, Global KYC BSU Management, BSU team leads, case managers, Relationship Management, Compliance & various other internal stakeholders.
The successful candidate will also support the team leads on the focus team improve effectiveness on meetings, policy implementation & support for their case managers. The candidate will be seen as a vital part of the overall team and will interact with all members of team.
•Own & manage projects to drive completion of high volume and/or high risk KYC (Know Your Customer) populations as well as continuously resolve and addressing issues preventing said completions
• Provide guidance to KYC OPS personnel on Citi’s KYC policies/standards & be able to advise relevant stakeholders of such and how they impact our view of a client’s business
•Liaise with internal partners such as coverage teams, the BSU, BCQR (Business Quality Control Review), PEQR (Post Execution Quality Review) and Compliance to ensure timely & accurate completion of client due diligence (The KYC Record)
• Work with internal partners to ensure timely completion of KYC records
• Manage data and produce metrics and reports required to track program progress
• Monitor progress of KYC records through online KYC systems from initiation through final approval
• Act as an escalation point for case managers and team leads on Focus Team – expectation to drive record completion through escalation of relevant stakeholders, picking up phone to acquire target dates of records and ensuring greater movement of records to approval
• Identify process improvement opportunities in the KYC/AML processes
•Assist with department projects / initiatives as requested
• Oversight for the timely and accurate MIS reporting of processing / escalation metrics
• Effectively maintain a highly efficient process environment
• Complete triage with case managers on all records – ensure latest status’ and comments on records are accurately represented by the bsu case managers
• A proven track record of relevant work experience
• Project Management skills
• Understanding of AML/KYC compliance and regulatory requirements and objectives
• Strong organizational, analytical, verbal and written communication skills
• Proven ability to work independently and be a self-starter
• Strong competency in Microsoft Office applications
• Exposure to working with cross-functional organization including; Global Corporate Bank, Client Management, Compliance and Technology
• Demonstrate ability to Lead and Motivate individuals within a pressurised environment.
• Considerable experience of dealing with senior management in a multi-function environment
• Strong Leadership and Motivational skills
• Excellent workflow management skills / experience
• Excellent communication skills
• Superior planning and organising skills
• Innovation and change management implementation
• Process re-engineering and improvement
• Proficient use of Microsoft Applications ( Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Visio, Project )
• Project Management Skills
• University degree preferably in Business/Finance, Math, Economics, Engineering, Optimization, or Law.
• Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
• Pro-active thinking and execution abilities
• Detailed oriented balanced with a strategic view
• Demonstrated effectiveness process management
• Ability to multitask and prioritize
• Ability to work well under pressure and tight time frames
• Manage up effectively
• MIS and metrics and efficiency analysis skills
• Pro-active, flexible, have good organizational skills and must be team player.
• Ability to work in a dynamic environment.
Valuing diversity. Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organizational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer