Amazon.com Senior Mechanical Design Engineer - Data Centers in Dublin, Ireland
We are looking for Mechanical (HVAC & Utilities) engineers with hands on design experience. If you can design HVAC & Utility systems in large production facilities, have an understanding of the critical equipment needs for a data center, and understand the constructability of varying designs you may be a good fit. Engineers will be responsible for taking designs from concept to the construction document set. You must be capable of defining critical equipment specifications and approving equipment submittals. Engineers will directly support construction and be a part of the process from site selection review through commissioning and ultimately turnover. You will be relied on as a subject matter expert in the HVAC engineering field to support the operation of a Data Centre.
Amazon has a global presence therefore domestic and international travel will be necessary up to 25% of your time. Team work is absolutely necessary for us to accomplish our goals. You must be able to work within a team and depend on others to accomplish the required work. This includes working with internal groups as well as external suppliers and consultants including utilities, manufacturers, vendors, and contractors.
· Bachelor’s degree in Building Services or Mechanical engineering
· 4-6 years detail design experience with medium to large scale industrial and/or commercial design
· Understanding of CIBSE and/or ASHRAE guidelines & standards
· Experience in developing Single Line drawings, construction drawings and equipment specifications
· Organized and have the ability to set priorities and meet deadlines and budget
· Understanding of critical data center equipment
· Proficiency with AutoCAD and design packages
· Possess leadership and problem solving skills
· Eager to research new designs, technologies, and construction methods
· Eager to think outside of the box to find creative and innovative solutions
· Be a motivated, highly dependable & team player individual
· Possess excellent communication skills, attention to detail,
· Good understanding of quality standards and national standards
3-5 years of experience directly related to data center or high density cooling designs. · Familiarity with medium voltage distribution systems design, uninterruptable power sources, diesel generators, electrical switchgear, power distribution units, CRAHU, CRAC, AHU, variable frequency drives and automatic/static transfer switches.
· Understanding of high volume air handling systems and controls, high capacity chilled water systems and controls, economization solutions and direct/indirect evaporative cooling systems.
· Direct experience with the construction, operation, or maintenance of data centers.
· Supplier management skills associated with construction and project execution.
· Experience with design/build projects and or multiple significant upgrade projects.
· Understanding of BIM & CFD modelling
· LEAN Engineering
AMZR Req ID: 503451
External Company URL: www.amazon.com