Fortive Corporation Senior Product Designer (UX) in Dublin, Ireland
Senior Product Designer (UX)
Fluke Corporation is the world leader in the manufacture, distribution and service of electronic test tools and software. We are a dynamic market leader with sound financial health. Fluke has achieved the number one or number two position in every market in which it competes. The Fluke brand has a reputation for portability, ruggedness, safety, ease of use and rigid standards of quality. A wholly owned subsidiary of Fortive Corporation ( www.fortive.com ), Fluke is a multi-national corporation headquartered in the greater Seattle area. We offer an entrepreneurial environment that is team-centered, customer-driven, quality-focused, and growth-oriented. It is driven by the phenomenally successful Fortive Business System. Working at Fluke gives you access to a robust career development process and challenging, “stretch” opportunities
Why choose Fluke
As the leading provider of Computerized Maintenance Management Software (CMMS) and Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) solutions, eMaint, a Fluke Company, improves the way organisations, monitor and control the assets within their organisation. As we take our next steps in building applications to “Connect The Factory Floor” for our customers, we are growing our product development team in our EMEA Center Of Excellence in Dublin, Ireland.
Test your Skill
You main responsibilities are:
● Lead design projects across the entire product lifecycle and multiple product launches. You set the vision for the user experience and create the space for others to collaborate.
● Let users lead the way. Our users inform where we are going. Our teams focus on listening to users, and letting their needs guide us to the best solutions. It’s important for us to know we are solving for real people and not just the loudest voice in the room
● Work with cross-functional teams. You’ll partner closely with engineering, product, and business folks to find elegant but practical solutions to design challenges
● You’ll provide the thought leadership to develop the right product strategy
● Be autonomous. You’ll take full ownership of your work and you take responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way.
● Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes; knowing when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes.
Measure your ability
To be successful in this role, we expect
● You have at least 7 years of experience designing at consumer-focused tech or media companies, experience designing for mobile is a plus
● You are an incredible designer with amazing design skills. You’ve delivered many consumer products over the years, and understand what it takes to create awesome, consumer-oriented experiences
● You’re a great communicator. You have the communication skills to help set up frameworks and brainstorm initial design concepts. You also have the ability to mentor others to deliver work, and make strategy come to life
● You have a people-focused design mentality. Even though you have incredible chops, you are constantly looking to hone your design instinct through user feedback. Whether through hands-on user research, or by designing options for an A/B test
● You have an online portfolio, or PDF that you can share with us
● You are able to provide a brief explanation in your application of why you are excellent for this role, while highlighting your portfolio
Fortive Corporation Overview:
Fortive is a diversified industrial growth company comprised of global businesses that are recognized leaders in attractive markets. With more than $6 billion in annual revenues, Fortive’s well-known brands hold leading positions in field instrumentation, transportation, sensing, product realization, automation and specialty, and franchise distribution.
Fortive is headquartered in Everett, Washington and employs a team of more than 24,000 research and development, manufacturing, sales, distribution, service and administrative employees in more than 40 countries around the world. Our team grows by tackling challenges that accelerate progress and further their careers. With a culture rooted in continuous improvement, the core of our company’s operating model is the Fortive Business System. For more information please visit: www.fortive.com .
Primary Location: Europe-Ireland-Leinster-Dublin
Req ID: FLU005826