Microsoft Corporation Senior Software Engineer (OMEX) in Dublin, Ireland
Are you a great Software Engineer? Do you like working on technology problems which impact people on a global scale?
Would you like to work on complex problems that help users find and utilize solutions in Office?
If your passionate about having our users have the best Office experience and you like working across both consumers and enterprises for PCs, tablets, and phones then maybe the Office OMEX team has the right job for you.
As the industry undergoes a profound transition to services and devices, we are at the heart of re-inventing how Office is delivered and maintained for consumers and enterprises.
Office is one of the biggest platforms on the planet, we are looking for engineers who are passionate about ensuring that our users enjoy the latest and greatest Office version. This requires great strategic and creative thinking as well as an ability to understand the customer, technology, challenges and opportunities. Our O365 OMEX (Office Marketplace Experience) team are looking for a great Senior Development Engineer to drive and define this transition & foster an engineering culture that has customer-centered services & releases as part of its core DNA.
What you will be responsible for:
• Working in a combined engineering organization to drive design, development, testing and release of client/services that enhances customer experiences
• Helping evolve development guidelines, practices & principles for a world where client and services development & delivery is moving faster than ever
• Designing resilient and easily maintainable software
• Fostering a data driven approach to everything we do
To be successful in this role, you’ll probably have:
• Object-oriented design, coding and testing patterns
• Excellent coding skills in C++, C#. Experience in COM an advantage
• 8+ years of industry experience designing, building, testing & shipping software
• Exceptional problem solving skills
• Ability to handle competing priorities in fast paced environment
• A natural passion & drive to lead by example
• An ability to perform at a high level in a fast paced, dynamic environment
• Exceptional influencing skills, able to bring colleagues along with your vision
• Excellent leadership and communication skills
Here’s what we will provide for the right candidate:
• Opportunity to make an impact on our changing business
• New engineering challenges to grow and enhance your skills
• Play an integral part in defining and building great products that are used by millions of people
• Level of ownership and autonomy via a role that enables you to have strategic impact
• A very competitive package commensurate with a role of this caliper and impact
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity. We would like to welcome you in an international working environment that is characterized by flexibility, an informal atmosphere, and a fast pace. Microsoft ensures your work-life-balance, offers attractive salary packages and bonus programs and a modern office, which combines innovative technics with design.
Locations: Ireland, Dublin
Job families: Development (engineering)
Products and technologies: Office 365
Business development & strategy