Veritas Senior Software Engineer in Dublin, Ireland
Senior Software Engineer
Veritas' vision is to enable organizations to thrive in this new world of digital business.
Did you know that the International Data Corporation (IDC) predicts that data will double every 2 years, reaching 44 zetabytes by 2020? That's more bytes than gallons of water in the ocean and an exponentially growing problem for businesses. Veritas helps organizations harness the power of their data & turn it into actionable insights.
We believe information is everything! Data is an organization's digital currency; a critical business asset that is growing in value. We are theonlycompany that provides a data management platform to address the core challenge of accessing, managing, and analyzing all of their data, no matter where it is, in real time - allowing organizations to truly maximize the value of their data.
Veritas iscurrently looking for motivated individuals who not only “do” but are also leaders who influence change and make a difference. The team is always looking for passionate, dedicated individuals who are self-motivated in their work and careers.
You will have the opportunity to work on the development of Cloud based, content archiving platform using the latest technology. If you want to be part of creating a whole new genre of enterprise products then this is the role for you.
What you will be doing:
- Designing and developing core parts of the product.
- Working with others to remove unknowns and build team knowledge.
- Working within and across groups to achieve the best for the product and company
- Mentoring and coach within the team (lead by example)
- Emphasizing usability, supportability and quality
- Keeping up with new technologies and industry trends relevant to the product
- Be an active participant in the scrum team
What skills, experience and education you need as a team member to succeed:
- Computer Science degree or equivalent.
- Expert knowledge of C# (and associated frameworks)
- Experience of architecting and building Cloud based applications.
- Web service development (RESTful APIs)
- Experienced in internationalized, highly available, scalable, enterprise application development
- Strong knowledge and experience of Microsoft .NET application development
- Strong knowledge and experience on Microsoft development environment (including build and debugging)
- Strong knowledge and application of Unit testing, Test Driven Development and Automation
- Strong knowledge and application of secure coding practices
- Experienced in Agile software development processes
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Experience of architecting and building Cloud based applications
- Experience of Microsoft Azure
- Scrum Master experience and certification
Working at Veritas
Nearly 90% of Fortune 500 companies already use Veritas core solutions and these solutions catalogue the 1.5% of target rich data today. Veritas helps customers transform their data into information, and those insights into competitive advantage.
At Veritas, you will enjoy an open, flexible, and supportive environment which lets you bring your ideas to life. Our commitment to development and diversity sparks innovation.
If impact, innovation and a winning culture are important to you, consider a career at Veritas.
We Embrace Diversity
Diversity in thought, perspective, experience and life is a vital part of our culture. It is this culture, that allows us to innovate, solve problems and succeed.
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (FCO), we will also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records.
EEO is the Law. Applicants and employees of Veritas Technologies LLC are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click here to find out more.
Veritas will respond to requests for reasonable accommodations to assist you in applying for positions at Veritas, or to submit a resume. If you need to request an accommodation, please contact our HR Helpdesk by email at AskHR@Veritas.com .