LinkedIn Senior Software Engineer in Dublin, Ireland
LinkedIn was built to help professionals achieve more in their careers, and every day millions of people use our products to make connections, discover opportunities, and gain insights. Our global reach means we get to make a direct impact on the world’s workforce in ways no other company can. We’re much more than a digital resume – we transform lives through innovative products and technology.
The LinkedIn Content Understanding team leverages large volumes of data and state-of-the-art machine learning techniques to understand what our 450+ million members read and write about on linkedin. . We blend expertise in deep learning, natural language processing, software engineering, evaluation and human judgment to develop and deploy topic extraction, document classification, named entity recognition, entity linking and information extraction technologies at scale. Our work impacts on the LinkedIn feed experience, personalized content recommendation, ads relevance and more.
· Help improve relevance across LinkedIn products. Work with innovative open source and in-house solutions to perform data sampling, modeling, model evaluation and deployment.
· BA/BS Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline, or 6+ years of related practical experience.
· 2+ year of experience in software design, development, and algorithm related solutions.
· 5+ years experience programming experience in Java, C/C++
· Experience with developing and designing consumer-facing products.
· Experience with Hadoop, Spark, or other big data paradigms.
· Knowledge of internals Lucene/SOLR or other information retrieval systems.
· Working knowledge in one or more of the following: machine learning, data mining, information retrieval, security data science, advanced statistics or natural language processing.
· MS or PhD in Computer Science or related technical discipline.