Dell Senior Systems Engineer in Dublin, Ireland
The Senior Systems Engineer is responsible for driving the technical sales strategy for DELL EMC’s products and services in assigned customer accounts. As a member of a field account team, the candidate must demonstrate leadership abilities across a diverse set of matrix sales teams to accelerate the adoption of DELL EMC solutions and services.
The candidate must possess a general understanding of the customer’s business. In addition, demonstrate a desire to expand customer industry knowledge by rapidly assessing industry trends and impacts to the target organization. Be able to quickly identify customer’s strengths and weaknesses in their industry. Assess the ability of the IT organization of a customer to respond to rapidly changing business requirements.
The Senior Systems Engineer must have a deep understanding of DELL EMC and competitive technology as well as business applications. As a trusted technology advisor for customers the candidate regularely engages with customer's senior management to assess major business operations and address product/service needs. Consults with engineering to answer customer's questions and remove objections that arise in a sales campaign. Engage customer contacts at both a strategic, business focused and tactical IT technology level.
We intend to hire a person who provides technical leadership and direction to customers and internal staff in the development of fully integrated technology solutions in support of pre-sales activities in the assigned market. Assists in the analysis, design and development of fully integrated technology solutions. Acts as technical expert and consultant to develop and propose solutions that meet the technology as well as the business requirements of assigned customers. Technical emphasis is on hardware capabilities, software requirements and systems integration. Makes technical & sales presentations to customer's technical staff and senior management.
• Works with Sales Team to develop and implement specific account penetration strategies, produce account specific solution, service and technical sales plans (typically in complex and highly critical accounts)
• Drives strategy and implementation of technical sales for products (typically Converged Infrastructure, Storage, Software and Cloud solutions) and services within area of responsibility
• Develops and documents DELL EMC solutions to meet customer objectives. Completes required presales documentation quickly and accurately
• Lead the development of responses to highly critical, large scale customer requests and proposals.
• Anticipates technology and/or market trends and provides guidance to the customer
• Maintains knowledge of DELL EMC solutions and competition to effectively address and dispel customer objections to DELL EMC solutions
• Deep knowledge of data center technology including converged infrastructure, storage, server, network, database, systems management, DR/Business Recovery practices, production operation etc. (beneficial on Dell EMC products)
• Excellent presentation skills in front of all levels of the IT Organization and C-Level audience
• Self-motivated, proactive and understands the importance of a strong sense of urgency reflected through ability to drive customer demand within district
• Excellent industry knowledge and ability to anticipate new industry trends
• Good understanding of Dell EMC’s competitors in the area of data center technology and cloud solutions
• Virtualization and IT automation process experience with VMware on: Storage & Availability, SDDC Platform- and Cloud Management Platform Solutions
• 7-10 years of related sales and technical experience
When you choose our company, you join a diverse world of innovative thought leaders. At our core is a commitment to workplace diversity, the sustainability of our planet, and community corporate involvement. We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities-all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Critical Hiring Criteria:
200 - STORAGE CORPORATE
Ireland - Cork, Ireland - Dublin, Ireland - Shannon