Amazon.com Senior Technical Program Manager, New Regions in Dublin, Ireland
Amazon Web Services is a dynamic and rapidly growing business within Amazon.com. We are building some of the largest and most complex distributed systems in the world, and we need world class people to help us launch them.
Amazon Web Services provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world. And we're just getting started.
If you have strong networking background, experience leading large and complex projects to launch, and want to lead in the launch of new regions around the world, we would love to talk to you. We are looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to join AWS to manage and execute the network delivery of new region builds across the globe. You will have the opportunity to work closely with Networking leadership Service Teams, Infrastructure and Business Development to design and deliver new AWS regions. You will collaborate with engineering leaders to deliver the best solutions with efficient use of resources and technologies. You will work with all stakeholders to assemble build teams, assign responsibilities, identify appropriate resources needed, and develop schedules to ensure timely launch the network layer of new regions. You will also assess risks, anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, make tradeoffs, balance the business needs versus technical constraints and encourage risk-taking behavior to maximize business benefit.
Successful candidates will have a strong technical background in networking, be detail driven and have excellent problem solving abilities. You will have a deep understanding of networking protocols and hardware, and a deep understanding of deploying a network at scale. You will successfully represent region builds to senior leadership. Your program management expertise and operational excellence will influence the team’s decisions and drive secure and robust solutions. You should not only be passionate about delivering great customer service and deploying new AWS regions, but should also be obsessed with researching and developing new region launch methodologies.
· 5-7 years of experience in technical program management, systems architecture or systems administration - specifically in networking.
· 5-7 years of experience with software development lifecycle from conception to delivery.
· Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent professional experience.
· Experience working with senior leadership and experience defining and delivering on a product roadmap.
· Direct experience managing AWS region builds or utilizing AWS services across a multi-region architecture.
· Experience with ground up systems architecture. Understanding network, infrastructure, and service based fundamentals.
· Driving large, complex programs/projects supporting 50+ invested parties.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
AMZR Req ID: 555829
External Company URL: www.amazon.com