Veritas Software Developer in Test in Dublin, Ireland
Software Developer in Test
Veritas' vision is to enable organizations to thrive in this new world of digital business.
Did you know that the International Data Corporation (IDC) predicts that data will double every 2 years, reaching 44 zetabytes by 2020? That's more bytes than gallons of water in the ocean and an exponentially growing problem for businesses. Veritas helps organizations harness the power of their data & turn it into actionable insights.
Veritas is currently looking for motivated individuals who not only “do” but are also leaders who influence change and make a difference. The team is always looking for passionate, dedicated individuals who are self-motivated in their work and careers.
We are now offering a completely unique role to be based in our brand-new Dublin office. We are looking for Software Developers with a proven track record who would like to move into a Testing Developer role. In this role you will get to grow your Developer skills whilst gaining valuable Testing training and experience – the perfect first step into your new career!
- Identifying, diagnosing, resolving and communicating technical issues
- Develop and maintain expertise in product
- Emphasize quality, scale, performance and supportability of the feature set
Work as part of the development team following the Agile development process:
- Self-organising, cross-functional, collaborative; raising & resolving issues through teamwork
- Planning and commitment of sprint goals to meet the definition of done
- Prioritised and iterative design + estimation of all tasks required to meet user stories
- Accountable for high quality and timely delivery of feature and sprint commitments to meet the definition of done
- 1st or 2.1 Science based degree or equivalent (e.g. Computer Science, Maths, Physics)
- Strong C#/Java development skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, fluent in English
- Experience with Lean/Agile software development and testing principles used for high quality software development
- Well organised with the ability to multi-task
- Attention to detail
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly
- Quality is important to you. You’ll believe in automated testing and the importance of peer code review.
- Experienced with Automation Frameworks (e.g. Fitnesse; Selenium)
- Familiarity with TFS
- ISEB Foundation (or equivalent) in Software Testing
- Experience and knowledge of continuous integration and delivery practices and tools
- Experienced in Functional and Non-Functional testing – manual and automated
- Any knowledge of practices such as TDD, BDD and continuous integration would be a bonus.
Why this opportunity is perfect for you?
If you are looking for a job within fast-pace, high tech environment in global company, Veritas is perfect for you. We are currently building new team in Dublin to deliver new approach to data management. You will be able to create brand new project from scratch – working together with UK and US teams. This is exciting opportunity to take a risk and try new things! As a company we offer competitive salary together with bonus and wide range of benefits as well as development opportunities.
Make a difference in technology world with us!
Working at Veritas
Nearly 90% of Fortune 500 companies already use Veritas core solutions and these solutions catalogue the 1.5% of target rich data today. Veritas helps customers transform their data into information, and those insights into competitive advantage.
At Veritas, you will enjoy an open, flexible, and supportive environment which lets you bring your ideas to life. Our commitment to development and diversity sparks innovation.
If impact, innovation and a winning culture are important to you, consider a career at Veritas.
We Embrace Diversity
Diversity in thought, perspective, experience and life is a vital part of our culture. It is this culture, that allows us to innovate, solve problems and succeed.
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (FCO), we will also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records.
EEO is the Law. Applicants and employees of Veritas Technologies LLC are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click here to find out more.
Veritas will respond to requests for reasonable accommodations to assist you in applying for positions at Veritas, or to submit a resume. If you need to request an accommodation, please contact our HR Helpdesk by email at AskHR@Veritas.com .