Amazon.com Software Development Engineer in Dublin, Ireland
At Amazon Web Services, we run one of the largest networks in the world. We are taking all the industry trends and blending them into the critical foundation of utility computing: the network. Our goal is to become the infrastructure platform for the world and our team will make the bones of the platform “the network”, work flawlessly. Not only supporting Amazon.com at the global level, but amazing global companies. (http://aws.amazon.com/solutions/case-studies/all/).
Amazon Networking is looking for senior software engineers to build a platform to manage thousands of network devices; providing significantly improved control, visibility and predictability for Amazon’s global network. Our goal is to eliminate human intervention and errors from network engineering, network build and device management by building tools and systems to successfully manage thousands of heterogeneous devices in dozens of data centers across the world.
You are interested in being part of a high-bar team with global responsibility for network automation software used across all of Amazon’s businesses. You are interested in solving difficult software problems at massive scale. You want to talk to customers directly and design solutions that solve their problems through innovation and automation. You understand how to build software in a continuous integration and continuous deployment environment. You are interested in working autonomously and owning your own code from requirements to launch and for supporting it in the field. You enjoy solving challenging problems and working in a fast-paced, flexible, collaborative team environment.
· Strong customer orientation with ability to work directly with customer/product owner to define requirements and the associated acceptance criteria for user stories.
· Excellent software development skills, preferably in Python or Perl with Java, C/C++, Ruby acceptable as a substitute.
· Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development team with solid understand of the principles of continuous integration (CI), continuous deployment and test driven development (TDD).
· Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to apply design patterns to common software problems and define dimensions of a solution including robustness, scale and maintainability.
· Strong communications skills both written and verbal are required for this role. The ability to present complex ideas in a convincing and understandable manner are a key requirement.
· Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and as part of a cross-functional team with the ability to influence others as a senior technical contributor.
· Ability to mentor more junior software developers in best practice with demonstrated capability to maintain architectural vision and software quality during the implementation cycle.
· Knowledge of and previous development experience in a Linux or UNIX environment with a good understanding of networking concepts.
· 5+ years of industry experience in core product development, building production quality software.
· A solid grounding in Computer Science fundamentals, data structures, algorithms and deftness at object-oriented design and systems architecture: a bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science (or equivalent) is required.
· Certified Scrum Master Certification is a plus.
· Familiarity with networking protocols (OSPF, BGP, HSRP/GLBP, IPSEC/VPNs, DNS, HTTP).
· Familiarity with SOA design principles include orchestration and RESTful Interface definition.
AMZR Req ID: 358602
External Company URL: www.amazon.com