Microsoft Corporation Solution Specialist Manager - EMEA in Dublin, Ireland
Microsoft Inside Sales
Solution Specialist Manager
EMEA - Dublin
Microsoft is empowering every person and every organization on the planet to do more and achieve more. We have set ourselves three bold ambitions: create more personal computing, reinvent productivity and business processes and build the intelligent cloud. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day.
As part of our transformation, one of our key areas of focus is the modernization of our sales motions. The Insides Sales organization is a newly formed organization with a charter to accelerate Microsoft’s growth in its cloud-first, mobile-first businesses along with the traditional businesses. This organization is at the forefront of establishing a new sales model leveraging modern technology and big data and analytics to drive impactful demand response and targeted sales coverage.
As the Solution Sales Manager you will be leading a team of solution specialists and technical specialists to provide and sell the best-in-class cloud service and platforms to our Enterprise customers, building the momentum for digital transformation for our customers and partners as well as Microsoft itself. The Solution Sales Manager is a great sales coach and leader, has a challenger mentality, is savvy in sales-leadership practice and contributes with vision and flawless execution of solution sales across solution areas.
The Solution Sales Manager is a proven sales leader, purposeful planner, people leader, sales challenger, market maker and a social seller:
• Disciplined in business-management; adaptable to a culture of accountability; meets sales targets and operational standards.
• The SSM is consistent and predictable in managing the STU-led businesses.
• Builds a purposeful sales plan with a bold ambition to identify and capitalize on transformational shifts in the market.
• Ensure appropriate 4 quarter qualified pipeline in place by workload/solution area: STU sellers directly leading 50%+ of the cloud and SQL opportunities, with 50%+ partner attach rate to qualified opptys.
•Develops a high-performing team by hiring diverse talent, prioritizing development, leading by example and preparing people for more senior positions in other parts of the organization.
• Successful teams and team members are recognized and rewarded, both within the STU and at the subsidiary, regional or Corporate levels.
• Coaches Seller’s with a “challenger mentality” by prompting Seller’s to engage early and lead with new insights on how to grow the customers’ business.
• Transforms markets with solutions that change the game by co-selling with partners that make deals bigger and faster, and change the risk profile.
• Lead from the front, personally engaging at CxO level to support and coach teams on opportunity discovery and acceleration; Lead STU sellers to drive end-to-end business solutions (drive solution area thinking and behaviors), increasing customer and partner satisfaction and average deal sizes YoY.
• Builds a strong and active business network that stretches and influences far beyond themselves.
• Business transformation: Lead STU sellers and technical-sellers to drive cloud businesses growth at or above targets, and lead cross-team to ensure consumption of cloud services sold.
• Partner Engagement: Bring together Microsoft solutions with Partner solutions, fully leverage the synergy effect with our partners, and co-sell with them to make deals bigger and faster.
• 5-10 years of related senior sales experience in the advances BDM workloads and BS/BA degree is required. MBA preferred.
• Sales, complex sales training (e.g., Miller Hyman, Spin, Michael Bosworth, Challenger, Holden, Krauthammer, etc.)
• Industry certifications including but not limited to: PMI, Selling, local technology associations, etc. a plus.
• 8+ years of related experience: Senior sales leadership roles, managing high performance sales and technical-sales teams, coaching solution sales and account development strategies
• Experience driving organizational transformations while delivering on short-term results;
• Strategic planner with track record driving results faster than competition in new markets/solution areas (preferred: cloud services growth and consumption)
• Solid interpersonal skills, coaching skills, cross-group collaboration and proven ability to influence across organizational boundaries
• Talent attractor: Proven history attracting and developing new leaders
• Meaningful non-Microsoft prior sales leader experience at IT Consulting and services or cloud services company.
• Bachelor degree: Required; MBA desired.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity. All applications for vacant positions will be welcomed and will be considered on the relative merits of the applicant against the role profile for the position regardless of colour, race, nationality, ethnic origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, parental responsibilities, age, religion or belief. Sales