Amazon.com Systems Development Manager in Dublin, Ireland
Amazon is building some of the largest distributed systems in the world, and we need smart people to help make these successful. This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon’s world class technical teams, as part of AWS, working with some of the best and brightest engineers and technical managers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies anywhere.
A successful DevOps Systems Development Manager joining the team will do much more than manage infrastructure, tools, and people. They will be leading a team that builds automation and services that make operating a massive large scale distributed system simple and easy. In addition to this, you will be the focal point for owning end-to-end customer experience and will be channeling the requirements to improve the service performance, scalability and reliability.
The ideal candidate will look like this….
Be great fun to work with. Our company credo is “Work hard. Have fun. Make history”. The right candidate will love what they do and instinctively know how to make work fun.
Enjoy being a really great people manager. Building, motivating and mentoring a world-class systems & software engineering team is the most important part of this role. You should have a proven track record in recruiting and retaining top talent and excel in day-to-day people and performance management tasks.
Have a strong understanding of Software Development, Linux & Networking Technologies. The ideal candidate will have past experience working as a software development engineer. You will also have a strong level of knowledge in Linux. You will enjoy keeping your technical skills reasonably current, to the point that you can still contribute to architecture discussions. You regularly take part in deep-dive troubleshooting exercises and drive technical post-mortem discussions to identify the root cause of complex issues.
Have strong project & product management experience. The successful candidate will create product roadmaps for the team. This will include helping innovate and invent new value-add services layered on top of our existing services. You will need excellent technical project management skills to deliver product roadmap items as well as other cross-team projects. Experience with Agile methodologies is an advantage.
Know how to run a tight, lean, efficient operation. The right candidate will want to measure everything and be very data driven. He/she will excel at using metrics, monitoring and alarming to measure and improve the operational processes and performance of their team.
· Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, or related field
· 5+ years of relevant, engineering experience, and at least 2 years of people management experience
· Minimum of five years experience operating mission critical online services
· Strong verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated technical leadership
· Strong business and technical vision
· Have experience in an internet operational environment, including multiple data centers and thousands of servers
· Have been successful working across organizational boundaries, bringing together people with diverse perspectives and experience to find solutions
· Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
· Experience with *NIX system administration, Java, Linux/Unix, Perl and Python
· Exceptional customer relationship skills and experience of managing vendors.
· Ideally has an understanding of and can apply statistical analysis
AMZR Req ID: 485823
External Company URL: www.amazon.com