Ellucian Technical Consultant - Dublin in Dublin, Ireland
Auto req ID 2369BR
Posting Title Technical Consultant - Dublin
Functional Area Professional Services
Job Posting Location(s) IE-Dublin
Company Information Ellucian is the world’s leading provider of software, services and insight to higher education. Ellucian helps the higher education community—students, faculty, and staff—achieve their goals more efficiently, effectively, and with reduced risk. Ellucian’s comprehensive suite of software solutions includes student information systems (SIS), finance and HR systems, recruiting and retention systems, among other offerings. With more than 1,500 institutions subscribing to Ellucian’s cloud services and SaaS offerings, the company is one of the largest providers of cloud-based solutions. Ellucian also supports the higher education community with a range of professional services, such as application software implementation, training, education, and management consulting. More than 2,400 institutions in 40 countries rely on Ellucian to help enable the mission of higher education.
• Identifying and summarizing client integration requirements in the area of; Systems integration, Authentication / identity management, Security.
• Integration/middleware services development / implementation to include:Implementation of standard product connectors, Implementation of standard product APIs, Development and implementation of custom components
• Conceptualisation and documentation of integration services growth areas
• Be a trusted advisor to a client.
• Proactive management of scope and client expectations in accordance with agreed client contracts / Statements of Work
• Strong communication and writing skill with the ability to develop client-ready technical and business artifacts.
• Participate in the activities of the Account Management team which might involve:Assisting the Account Management and/or Sales team in developing solutions during the sales cycle (this may include the ability to sell the value of project management services).Following through resolution client-related issues or escalation. Assisting with planning and managing user events such as User Groups, Special Interest Groups, webinars, etc.
• Identify business growth opportunities by applying knowledge of higher education’s industry, business processes, and software products.
• Help with planning and execution of team growth initiatives
• Guide and mentor less experienced staff members
• Initiate and/or participate in internal improvement initiatives
• Software/ERP implementation experience, preferably in the higher education sector.
• Strong knowledge/familiarity with the higher education sector in Ireland, United Kingdom or United States
• Background in software development or DBA
• Understanding of middleware solutions including message brokers, ESBs, etc.
• Experience in writing PL/SQL and working with databases (Oracle/MySQL/SQLServer)
• Oracle Forms & Reports
• Unix and shell scripting experience
• SVN & Git repositories
• Experience of using testing frameworks, (JUnit, Selenium)
• Experience in consuming Rest API web services
• Experience working with xml and/or json
• Identity management experience preferred (Single Sign-on development using CAS/Shibboleth/SAML)
• Experience in working on various operating systems (Windows/Linux/Unix)
• Familiarity with Java environments
• Proven record of delivering web services-based integration projects in the past
• Desirable, but not essential – Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online / Functional knowledge of core product capability / Microsoft .NET / Microsoft SQL Server Relational Database
• Strong written and verbal communication skills