Microsoft Corporation Technology Solutions Manager Dynamics in Dublin, Ireland
Microsoft Worldwide Inside Sales
Technology Solutions Manager Dynamics
EMEA - Dublin
Microsoft is empowering every person and every organization on the planet to do more and achieve more. We have set ourselves three bold ambitions: create more personal computing, reinvent productivity and business processes and build the intelligent cloud. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day.
As part of our transformation, one of our key areas of focus is the modernization of our sales motions. The Inside Sales organization is a newly formed organization with a charter to accelerate Microsoft’s growth in its cloud-first, mobile-first businesses along with the traditional businesses. This organization is at the forefront of establishing a new sales model leveraging modern technology and big data and analytics to drive impactful demand response and targeted sales coverage.
As an Inside Technical Sales Manager, you will manage a team of highly-talented and skilled technical specialists that will work across the Inside Sales center to support the SDSs and ISRs, balancing the day-to-day team workload distribution, ensuring customers receive the highest quality technical guidance and solution delivery, organizing knowledge sharing across areas of expertise within the team and coaching team members.
• Build, motivate and retain a high-functioning team of technical specialists to support and drive sales conversations; hire new Technical Solution Professionals; typical team size of 8+ employees
• Meet and exceed team-level monthly, quarterly and annual targets for net-new revenue and sales pipeline, as well as operational metrics
• Accurately forecast, assess risk and identify exceptional performance plans in weekly deal and pipeline reviews with senior management as part of Sales Development Manager and Inside Opportunity Manager “priority teams”
• Lead team members through example. Lead customer calls, demos, experience sessions, architecture plans over Skype for Business to model and train employees. Coach and mentor performance through joint customer calls
• Coach team members to utilize modern sales and communications tools & techniques to effectively reach, sell to and manage Microsoft customers
• Lead TSPs in conducting technical feasibility studies and proposal development, scoping the technical and security architecture for customer solutions, selecting optimal migration paths for customers, building a consumption plan, as well as executing limited POCs, if necessary
• Demonstrate aspects of the technical and business solution to customers over Skype for Business connections including live video
• Drive operational excellence of key center metrics including response rates, conversions, pipeline, velocity, accuracy, customer satisfaction, breadth of portfolio
• Provide readily available product training and technical learning opportunities for the sales team
• Improve technical and sales competency via mentoring; support individual professional development and growth
• Constantly research and educate self with the newest developments in cloud capabilities and pricing for both Microsoft and competitors
• Lead preparation of technical insights and key scenarios required to drive right technical and business solution outcomes; contribute and lead customer-facing publications such as whitepapers
• Manage the collaboration and teaming of different roles such as Sales Development Specialists, Inside Opportunity Executives, Technical Solution Professionals and Consumption Analysts to effectively progress opportunities and pipeline through the sales cycle
• Obsess over Microsoft’s customers and prospects to deliver a world-class customer engagement experience
• Manage employee performance from not meeting expectations to exceptional
• 5-10 years of related senior sales experience in the advances BDM workloads and BS/BA degree is required. MBA preferred.
• Sales, complex sales training (e.g., Miller Hyman, Spin, Michael Bosworth, Challenger, Holden, Krauthammer, etc.)
• Industry certifications including but not limited to: PMI, Selling, local technology associations, etc. a plus.
• 8+ years of related experience: Senior sales leadership roles, managing high performance sales and technical-sales teams, coaching solution sales and account development strategies
• Experience driving organizational transformations while delivering on short-term results;
• Strategic planner with track record driving results faster than competition in new markets/solution areas (preferred: cloud services growth and consumption)
• Solid interpersonal skills, coaching skills, cross-group collaboration and proven ability to influence across organizational boundaries
• Talent attractor: Proven history attracting and developing new leaders
• Meaningful non-Microsoft prior sales leader experience at IT Consulting and services or cloud services company.
• Bachelor degree: Required; MBA desired.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity. All applications for vacant positions will be welcomed and will be considered on the relative merits of the applicant against the role profile for the position regardless of colour, race, nationality, ethnic origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, parental responsibilities, age, religion or belief.