AECOM BIM Leader in Dun Laoghaire, Ireland
Business Line Building Engineering
Position Title BIM Leader
Ireland - Dublin
An opening has arisen for a Senior/Lead BIM Technician in our offices in Dun Laoghaire, Dublin, Ireland.
The successful BIM Technician will work with the wider Aecom BIM Team in the development of our BIM services across Europe, Middle East and Asia. You should be experienced on working with Navisworks and clash detection whilst also be comfortable with extracting MEP data from models for development of tender schedules.
The position will be to lead the Junior BIM Technicians within the team and manage ongoing project deliverables whilst also taking ownership for Quality Assurance procedures whilst also managing the ongoing development of your team of Technicians and providing BIM Training to the wider Engineering team.
• Experience of building structures Revit/BIM experience
• Knowledge and experience of modelling reinforced concrete frame and steelwork buildings
• Experience of co-ordinating building structures models with the architect and MEP engineer.
• Able to undertake clash detection checks
• Produce accurate & BIM data rich 3D models using Revit. 3D Models should be of sufficient integrity to enable accurate material take-offs/scheduling, and able to export good quality 2D output to suit relevant RIBA workstages.
• Implement AECOM best practice procedures and protocols, and work to specific project standards defined in the BEP. Ensure proper QA/QC protocols are implemented
• Good working knowledge of AutoCAD to supplement 3D work.
• Willingness to adapt to new concepts and software. Motivated to keep up to date with developments in quickly changing industry.
• Able to manage all in-coming and out-going models and drawing information
• Develop engineer’s concepts and sketches into accurate models and drawings, through direct communications with limited supervision
• Good time management skills
• Able to demonstrate relevant project experience
• Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
• Excellent organisational skills
• Self-motivated and able to take responsibility
• Navisworks/Solibri software experience
• Knowledge of PAS 1192
• Prior use of project extranets/CDE’s such as Asite, 4 projects or ProjectWise etc.
• Relevant qualification such as HNC, but not essential.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Job Category Designer / Drafting / CADD / CAD
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 162450BR