Microsemi Corporation Project Manager, Aerospace in Ennis, Ireland
Position: Project Manager, Aerospace
Department: Aerospace Intelligent Power Solutions, PDM
Qualification: Technical Degree required
Scope of position:
Microsemi's Aerospace Intelligent Power SolutionsTM (IPS) group, within the Power Discretes and Modules (PDM) business unit supports the design, development and manufacturing of Microsemi's new product line of aerospace products. The group plays a critical role in the aviation sector, which continues to demand higher levels of reliability and integration in the area of power electronics in order to realise the goal of more electric aircraft (MEA).
Among the flagship products is the aviation power core module (PCM) with an integrated field programmable gate array (FPGA) and hybrid power drive (HPD) stage. The PCM controls the electrical motors used in applications such as primary flight control actuation and landing gear systems. It interfaces seamlessly with aircraft power supplies and flight computers through specific customisation and provides vital sensor feedback for monitoring.
The Aerospace IPS team in Ennis specialise in the design and manufacture of standard and custom power conversion products for high reliability applications. We take the approach of providing complete sub-system level power solutions for our customers. Our primary market is in flight critical commercial aviation systems and other aerospace applications such as space systems. We collaborate with our customers to define and provide differentiated solutions that address system and sub-system level challenges. We place great emphasis on validated solutions that work right the first time.
We have a number of key exciting Engineering positions in our Ennis based IPS design team. This position executes project management duties.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage projects through the product lifecycle from concept to production.
- Develop project plans and ensure successful execution of projects while meeting schedule, cost and performance requirements.
- Allocate tasks to project resources and lead teams to implement deliverables.
- Track and report project progress as required and maintain effective stakeholder communications.
- Develop and deliver documentation such as product specifications, progress reports, proposals, requirement documents and presentations.
- Assess technical risks, assist with mitigation steps and technical problem solving.
- Liaise with other development team functions such as mechanical design, drafting, electronic design, reliability engineering, quality and operations, some of which are located internationally.
- Ensure appropriate meetings are conducted and distribute minutes and actions. Chair relevant meetings.
- Ensure design and quality procedures are implemented throughout the project lifecycle.
- Understand industry specifications as they apply to assigned products and processes.
- Liaise with Sales and Marketing to assess the revenue potential and feasibility of new product designs and develop proposals for internal stakeholders and customers.
- Support new product proposals and proposals to modify existing products.
- Take on other engineering duties as required and assigned.
- Support in-house training programmes as required.
- Travel internationally on occasion.
Requirements / Essential Skills / Attributes
- Engineering degree, preferably in an Electronic or Mechanical field, required.
- Project Management Professional qualification or similar is advantageous.
- Minimum of three years significant demonstrated experience in leading successful projects in high-reliability electronics environments.
- Experience with space or aviation projects is advantageous.
- Familiarity with power electronics is advantageous.
- Strong ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams and interface well with peers and management in a corporate setting.
- Must have demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and interact across departments in a manufacturing environment.
- Must possess proven ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite and project management software.
- Candidate must have exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Candidate must have excellent attention to detail and technical writing skills. The ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organisation is required.
- Decision-making, problem resolution and resourceful thinking skills.
- Highly energetic, motivated and self-starter.
- Willing to work in an environment that allows initiative and requires flexibility.
- Requires some international travel.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled