SAP Customer Success Manager - North America Market Job in Galway, Ireland
Requisition ID: 158063
Work Area: Customer Service and Support
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
Career Level: T2
Recruiter Name: Tara O Brien
COMPANY DESCRIPTION AND POSITION SUMMARY
SAP, the Cloud Company powered by HANA, is the market leader in enterprise application software. Through its digital core SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively.
SAP Digital Business Services is recognized for its world-class customer care, its leading support offerings and its fast growing business. We strive to further improve our innovative service portfolio and our customer engagement programs, as well as increasing our delivery efficiency. Our target is to increase business outcome for customers, make them more efficient and accelerate time to value. This includes all SAP solutions across all deployment scenarios (on premise, cloud, hybrid). SAP Enterprise Support and SAP Preferred Success are the support offerings that provide SAP customers with expertise and collaboration tools that support and enable customers to achieve these goals. These offerings are strategically important for SAP, and rapidly growing, whilst reaching the highest proportion of our customer base. Our aim is
• Deliver : Reach out for business outcomes (IT and LoB) at our customers, increase the value customers get out of their maintenance/subscription agreement and continuously improve the delivery efficiency (scalability) to extend our reach.
• Observe : Shape the existing SAP Enterprise Support and SAP Preferred Success support offerings and adapt it to new/changing market demands such as in memory computing, mobile and cloud. Listen to the SAP Enterprise Support and SAP Preferred Success customer engagement teams who are the customer representatives and facilitate an effective and efficient ES & PS delivery.
• Innovate : Drive the evolution and development of new and innovative SAP Enterprise Support and SAP Preferred Success offerings
Our customers demand from support more than just incident solving. We take it as our mission in SAP Enterprise Support to ensure that support delivers the foundational engagement in pro-actively helping customers’ day-to-day business in IT and Business-related topic areas. This is why the SAP Enterprise Support strategy can be summarized in ‘SAP Enterprise Support goes Business Service Support’: More value and business outcome for IT and LoB!
With SAP Preferred Success, customers gain the services for mission-critical assistance that are included in SAP Enterprise Support, plus more-specific service levels and in some cases, access to expert SAP contacts to help resolve issues and stay flexible to accommodate future innovations.
Customer Success Managers are a useful resource for our Customers in order to obtain technical and product usage advisement, best practices and operational excellence, and personalized advice and guidance.
This position is within the “Global SAP Enterprise Support Practice and SAP Preferred Success Delivery” organization, with the main delivery hubs located in Ireland, China, Brazil, Germany and USA. The objective of this organization is to strengthen SAP’s trusted partnership with targeted customers and provide value realisation, resulting in increased customer satisfaction, contract retention and renewals. It is the role of the Customer Success Manager to drive and build these customer relationships via the tasks outlined below.
RESPONSIBILITIES, EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
The Customer Success Manager, within Success Factors is a client-facing role, for customers based in North America, working 3pm-11pm Irish Time, delivering ongoing support and guidance around business strategy and transformation topics after the sales cycle has completed. The role focuses on relationship-building and proactive support activities that in turn promote overall customer satisfaction, product adoption and retention & renewals. The role manages diverse, high profile and/or key accounts.
Key tasks include but are not limited to the following:
• Develop a trusted relationship with key stakeholders and decision makers, understanding and responding to customer needs, and tracking account activity
• Understand key elements of the customer’s environment.
• Act as an escalation point and advocate for critical customer issues, collaborating with other departments as needed.
• Facilitate meetings effectively, setting clear goals and expectations, and documenting discussions and next steps
• Align Enterprise Support and Preferred Success offerings to customer business strategy and goals
• Facilitate customer meetings and reviews, including quarterly feature reviews, and annual Health Check presentations
• Engage cross-functional resources both internally and with customer organizations to align on problem solving activities
• Assist in knowledge transfer between customer and internal teams
• Effectively manage time, workload and shifting priorities
• Provide occasional off-hours support with key projects and go-lives.
• Communicate effectively with customers both verbally and in writing
• Seek out and embrace feedback, take on challenging assignments to improve skills, keep knowledge and skills up-to-date and turn mistakes into learning opportunities
• Meet customer expectations by anticipating and helping in the resolution of their issues
• Monitor customer interaction workspaces for customer feedback and opportunities for response
• Review, document and track customer top issues.
• Collaborate with internal teams by providing important customer feedback, process-improvement suggestions, troubleshooting tips etc.
• Monitor quality of work and identify opportunities for continual improvement.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
You have a keen interest in successful account management and technical problem solving. You are a proactive learner and creative problem solver who thrives in a fast-paced environment and who enjoys interactions that lead to ultimate customer success and satisfaction. You have project and task-management skills, experience with networked enterprise information systems and have supported business applications. You focus on details, particularly with communication, follow-up and documentation. You delight in exceeding customer expectations.
• Customer orientation and focus on quality, as well as skills to interact/collaborate with customer IT and LOB decision makers.
• Ability to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels, internally and externally, with appropriate discretion where required.
• Excellent communication & presentation (soft) skills.
• Excellent English language skills, written and verbal. Additional languages are an advantage, especially French.
• Ability to lead requirements-gathering sessions
• Ability to learn and assimilate information quickly
• Ability to deliver results under pressure, work independently, and take ownership of assigned tasks (pro-active driver, results-oriented, pragmatic)
• Project Management experience is an advantage
• An understanding of IT landscapes and lifecycles with a specific focus on SAP Solutions during transitions, implementations and operations phases for cloud, standalone or Hybrid (e.g. Cloud and On-premise)
• Knowledge of the SAP Enterprise Support and the included service offerings such as SAP Enterprise Support Academy, SAP Enterprise Support Value Maps and SAP Solution Manager is an advantage
• Knowledge of SAP Success Factors is an advantage
• Intercultural sensitivity: SAP Enterprise Support and SAP Preferred Success are global support offerings and interaction with customers worldwide is required
• Enthusiast, strong work ethic and a positive attitude
EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS AND WORK EXPERIENCE
• Graduate with a Bachelor or Honours Degree in IT/Computer Science/Physics/Mathematics/Engineering/Business with IT or equivalent
• 2 years’ working experience with proven ability in a customer-facing role to work with dedicated customers on project and senior management level
• Experience and/or acumen of the following technologies and solutions:
Cloud, databases, server applications, infrastructure architecture, Internet technologies, web servers and web proxy servers experience, enterprise software solutions &/or business application software (specifically HCM knowledge would be beneficial for this role)
• Of great advantage are ASP, SaaS, XML, IT networking, SSO, APIs, Connectors experience
• Proven record in managing issues, scope, and quality while bringing areas of responsibility and tasks to successful completion within the time requirements.
• Experience in working in global / virtual teams is an advantage
• Experience in transferring knowledge to others (coaching & mentoring)
• Understanding of HCM environment
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com , APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com , EMEA: Careers@sap.com ). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.