Electronic Arts, Inc Software Engineer in Galway, Ireland
We’re EA—the world’s largest video game publisher. You’re probably familiar with many of our titles—Madden, FIFA, The Sims, Need for Speed, Dead Space, Battlefield and Star Wars, to name a few. But maybe you don’t know how we’re committed to creating games for every platform—from social to mobile to console—to give our consumers that anytime, anywhere access they demand. What does that mean for you? It means more opportunities to unleash your creative genius, be inspired by those around you and ignite your path in any direction you choose.
A brilliant chance for a talented and experienced software engineering professional to move into, and develop, within the fast paced world of gaming.
If you are ready to make the difference, every day, with world class technology and development teams to deliver the products that reach and delight the most avid consumers worldwide then we have the role for you. The CDS Engineering team is responsible to drive tools, innovation and development to ensure we deliver the leading entertainment products and eco systems that are expected from EA.
As a critical function within game development and test teams, our Software Engineers drive tools and software frameworks enabling automated white and grey box testing, as well as process and workflow improvement solutions for the game production team contributing to the overall quality of the product and the productivity of the team as a whole.
Professional experience C# programming languages is required.
As service providers, candidates need to be self-driven, independent, able to conduct ROI analysis and to prioritize tasks based on them, achieve consensus with the various parties and work directly with our customers to drive satisfaction.
Excellent communication, documentation and problem solving skills are required, knowledge and interest in software quality assurance and process improvement desirable.
• BS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent industry experience
• A strong understanding of SLDC process improvement – Continuous Integration
• Experienced with designing and building tools in an iterative model
• Demonstrated problem solving skills
• Professional experience in the C# programming languages
• Proficient in unit testing frameworks
• Experience with all phases of product development lifecycle, including requirements definition, specifications, development, test, product release, and sustaining engineering.
• Experience with Agile (Scrum) development methodologies
• Experience with version control and build systems
• Ability to work independently with minimal outside supervision.
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and be flexible – able to adapt plans and react to change in a diverse, fast-paced, and collaborative environment.
• Strong ability to self-manage and prioritize work effectively within deadlines.
SCOPE & IMPACT:
• Develop and maintain automation, tools and services for multiple projects.
• Write and maintain scalable, testable, versioned, and documented code.
• Perform code reviews and be willing to pair and mentor other team members regularly.
• Maintain tools, integration, and technologies to support highly reliable environment.
• Monitor tools usage and assess return on investment.
• Own all aspects of a tool or service, working with customers and technical leads to achieve the company’s strategic goal.
• Understand and follow standard software engineering processes and best practices for requirements, design, implementation and testing.
• Report regular status against assigned tasks and proactively identify project risks and issues.
• Monitor customer satisfaction and escalate any issues or improvement opportunities.
• Continuous, front-line communication with all customers.
• Set realistic milestones and work towards successful completion.
• Contribute to the company’s engineering strategies and initiatives.
• Where applicable, integrate systems and tools into production game code in a controlled, professional manner.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to be a key player in EA’s approach for ensuring its games meet the highest possible software quality standards in a fast paced and fun software engineering environment.
It’s not easy building the world’s best digital playground. It’s hair-standing-on-end exhilarating. It’s down-in-the-trenches challenging. It’s stroke-of-brilliance-at-midnight creative. It’s you—taking risks, challenging yourself, pursuing ideas, changing the way millions of people do something they love: play. In an industry that’s changing every day, EA is positioned for growth thanks to smart business plans, strategic acquisitions, and most importantly, our creative people around the world who gather each day to unite the world through play. We take that last part very seriously, so if what you’re reading excites you as much as it does us, apply today.