Accenture Research Senior Manager in IRELAND, Ireland
Title: Research Senior Manager Location: Ireland-Ireland Job Number: 00510936
Senior Principal - Lead
Accenture Research - The Dock
Accenture Research uncovers trends and shapes data-driven insights through Thought Leadership and Research for Accenture and its clients. Accenture Research combines a deep understanding of Accenture’s clients’ industries with leading-edge research techniques to discover the most pressing issues facing organizations today.
Our growing team of 260 researchers and analysts develops thought-provoking research -- supported by proprietary data and partnerships with leading organizations that guides our innovations and allows us to transform theories and fresh ideas into real-world solutions for our clients.
Our team uses innovative business research techniques such as economic value modeling, analytics, crowd sourcing, expert networks, surveys, data visualization, and open research with Tier 1 academic and business partners.
Accenture Research powers hundreds of points of views published by Accenture every year, answers thousands of thought provoking questions from clients around the world, drives the insights that guides Accenture’s business strategy and handles Accenture’s exclusive network of data and sources covering all industries, countries, market trends and digital technologies. The team is part of Accenture’s Strategy Office.
Accenture Research on Accenture.com https://www.accenture.com/gb-en/innovation-architecture-accenture-research and follow us on https://twitter.com/AccentureRSRCH
Located in the heart of Dublin’s tech quarter, The Dock at https://www.accenture.com/us-en/company-dublin-innovation-centre-the-dock is a multidisciplinary research and incubation hub. Home to over 200 designers, developers and experts in artificial intelligence, analytics, IoT and research, The Dock is where we investigate, imagine and bring new ideas to life. Our state-of-the-art facility allows us to collaborate and co-create with clients, universities and start-ups. Connect with The Dock’s via social media pages https://twitter.com/accenturedock and https://www.facebook.com/accenturedoc at https://www.facebook.com/accenturedock k at https://www.facebook.com/accenturedock .
About the Role
Accenture Research and The Dock have worked together over the past 6 months to forge a partnership where research is embedded into both projects and client experiences. We are now seeking a research professional who can lead our growing research team there and build on the strong start we’ve made. Specifically,
Bring the best of Accenture Research into the work of The Dock. Andbring the best thinking and opportunities from The Dock into the researchteam.
Provide on-the-ground leadership to our team of researchers inDublin – currently four including this role but expected to double overthe coming year. Foster innovation, collaboration and empower and enableour team there.
Partner with The Dock to understand the pipeline of research needs;ensure that the right resources from the research team are focused on theright projects and in the right way; manage the pipeline, takingresponsibility for resolving any resourcing issues, ensuring quality andseamless communications throughout.
Constantly innovate, create and invent new ways to enhance what webring to The Dock and to apply the newest, most exciting advances inresearch to our work there.
Contribute to The Dock’s success and growth as part of the broaderteam.
Scope, design and execute research projects working with othersfrom across Accenture Research, with The Dock and with clients.
Be an ambassador and advocate for research at The Dock internallyand externally.
You will bring deep subject matter expertise in either a relevant industry (life sciences, biotech, med tech, communications/technology etc) or business sector (analytics, AI, VR/AR, mobility etc) and be responsible for creating research in your sector as part of the broader global research team.
• A passion for technology/digital and how it is changing our world
• Continually innovates and invents when it comes to research
• Brings the most exciting and relevant new research methods and technologies from outside Accenture into the team
• Incubates, tests, assesses and chooses what to focus on next
• Actively promotes and enables others to use the best new tools
• Visionary when it comes to using data gathered through research
• Has an entrepreneurial approach
• Recognized as research expert in your field
• Publishes regularly through Accenture’s publication channels and other channels such as business reviews
• Has a strong internal and growing external network and social media presence
• Able to build partnerships, forge links across teams and boundaries
• A core member of the research team – critical ability to operate at a senior level
• Research focused on Accenture business (“so what?”) with major and long lasting impact
• Credible in presenting work and discussing issues with clients
• Credible in presenting work externally
• Shapes & manages complex research programs of work with global scope and manages related budget
• Partners with leadership-level stakeholders in business
• Credible with leadership and clients, both at global level in very different geographies and cultural contexts
• Foster an inclusive, diverse, innovative culture
• Collaborative working style
• Talent magnet and role model
• Coach and mentor junior researchers on projects
We are looking for someone who has a comprehensive skill set:
· Track record in research with broad experience in applying the main research techniques, including: familiarity with key data sources, financial analysis, strategic frameworks and survey research. Experience in one or more of economic modeling, design thinking and consumer-focused research skills would be essential
· Subject matter expertise in a technology/digital relevant field
· An understanding of the role of digital and technology in disrupting industries and businesses
· Strong analytical skills and a proven ability to make sense out of data
· Solid experience in the presentation of research deliverables to high level executives
· Intellectual curiosity
· Exceptional people management and relationship-building skills
· Proven record when it comes to inclusion, diversity and all aspects of people/leadership skills
· Entrepreneurial attitude
· Strong communications skills (focus on actionable intelligence)
Reportsto: Level 5 or above
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree or higher (2:1 or First)
ExperiencedManager or similar
10 yearsresearch experience
Global / largeprivate corporation or institution, research think tank or recognizedresearch government agency
A flexible approach;
We understand that traditional models may not work for everyone, so we offer flexible working arrangements which include tailored options for how you work
Accenture is a global management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company, with more than 373,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries. The Dock at Accenture is a multidisciplinary research and incubation hub, as an accelerator for Accenture and our clients to unlock value. Launched in Sept 2015, the global innovation centre brings together top talent under three disciplines; designers, developers and domain experts with expertise in AI, IoT, digital marketing, cyber security, advanced analytics and tech development.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation or gender identity.