State Street Custody and Fund Accounting Manager - Assistant Vice President in Kilkenny, Ireland
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
Job Summary :
- We are seeking a highly skilled, motivatedand experienced client service professional to manage a team in a busy and challenging environment servicing multiple clients.
- The successful candidate, reporting to a Vice President, will be responsible for running a team on a broad range of custody activity in a dynamic client service operations role. This involves strong operational knowledge of custody services and the timely delivery of the clients requirements and contributing to the development of the team.
- This position provides the opportunity to demonstrate leadership, communication and technical expertise and further develop the individuals’ skills and experience in the advancement of their career
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage, control and direct the operations of assigned custody group in tandem with senior custody management team.
- Develop and build strong relationships with clients, internally and externally, through the delivery of high quality custody services.
- in accordance with the agreed service levels, KPI and SLA provisions.
- Identify issues and problems in the service delivery and carry out necessary corrective action, keeping team and VP informed of the issue.
- Plan and manage the daily processes in an effective utilization of resources with the support of the VP.
- Drive and assume responsibility for the implementation of client specific projects, including new business launches and developments .
- Conduct presentations for clients and other departments as appropriate.
- Anticipate the client’s future requirements and, in conjunction with the team, determine our solution to these requirements.
- Agree goals for directs and team annually and keep up to date on the PPR system during the year
- Act in accordance with Risk Excellence and role model Ethical behavior and decision making as part of our Way Ahead foundation
- Promote continuous evaluation of team operations, encouraging innovative ideas to enhance efficiency, reduce risk or increase revenue
- Champion change / innovation and new ideas generation. Involvement in projects and departmental initiatives as directed
- Other duties as assigned
Leadership and Management:
- Provide strong, motivational leadership to all staff, in particular managers and team leaders
- Set and maintain standards of personal and professional performance/behaviour; ensuring staff accountability and adherence to company policies and procedures
- Co-ordinate and implement training and development activities for the teams within your charge
- Provide coaching, guidance and support to team on technical, professional and client issues
- Monitor and appraise the performance of direct reports - providing regular formal and informal feedback
- Manage resources and take responsibility for the recruitment of additional staff
- Degree in Business / Financial Services or related
- 8+ Years experience in financial services industry with 5+ years at managerial level
- Significant experience within custody operations
- Client Service experience preferred
- Exercise sound judgment in all matters
- Leverage knowledge and technology to ensure optimal results
- Drive execution of all client and business related tasks
- Provide outstanding service to all client - internally & externally
- Communicate effectively at all levels within the organization
- Display organizational insight & influence
- Foster collaboration & team work
Develop talent on a professional and personal basis
State Street Job ID: 162365
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
Job Title: Custody and Fund Accounting Manager - Assistant Vice President
Job ID: 162365
Full/Part Time: Full FTE
Location: Ireland - Kilkenny