State Street Derivatives Operations Specialist, Senior Associate (Kilkenny) in Kilkenny, Ireland
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
Reporting to an Assistant Vice President the candidate will be primarily involved in on boarding new business to the Derivative CoE, system testing and working in partnership with the operations team to enhance controls and driving continuous improvement. The successful candidate will also have a supporting role in the wider area of KPI and MIS preparation, regulatory reporting and quality reviews.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with PMO, CRMs and Operational teams to on-board new business to the Derivative CoE.
- Build strong working relationships with management and staff across all teams and functions to achieve on boarding, operational control and continuous improvement objectives.
- Participate in the development, testing and implementation of system enhancements as well as new processes and products.
- Ensure that Key Performance Indicators are produced and dispatched as required
- Complete BAU independent operational control activities
- Ensure appropriate internal controls are in place and adhered to in order to mitigate against operational risks.
- Attend and contribute to operational, client, risk, audit and regulatory meetings as required.
Experience and Knowledge:
- Ability to identify, investigate and resolve issues through a problem solving approach
- Experience in reviewing processes, assessing risk and defining controls
- Good awareness of the wider funds industry, e.g. fund accounting, custody etc.
- Procedural, technical and product knowledge of derivatives is highly desirable
- Experience of State Street derivative systems an advantage.
- Project management experience
- Excellent organisational, planning and co-ordination skills
- Good practical knowledge of Microsoft Office specifically Excel
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, particularly formal report writing
- Attention to detail
- Analytical mind-set
- Ability to work proactively under own initiative and as part of a team
- Influencing ability
- Ability to see the bigger picture, take initiative and offer solutions
- Enthusiastic with a positive can do attitude
State Street Job ID: 164229
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
Job Title: Derivatives Operations Specialist, Senior Associate (Kilkenny)
Job ID: 164229
Full/Part Time: Full FTE
Location: Ireland - Kilkenny