State Street Financial Reporting Fund Manager, Officer, FTC in Kilkenny, Ireland
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
- Based in Kilkenny, this contract position offers a senior management role with a focus on key areas such as client and auditor management, technical expertise on financial reporting related matters, staff management and development and general management of ad hoc tasks, as required. You will be responsible for the management of the financial statement preparation process, oversight of the annual audit process and will be the key point of contact for clients and auditors. As part of the role, you will have the responsibility for leading and managing a team in the financial reporting department.
- Lead, direct and manage the department in collaboration with your manager/s and senior colleagues.
- Manage the operations of the core financial reporting teams assigned to you within the department.
- Propose and/or implement procedural changes to improve performance of the department.
- Initiate and oversee tasks with a view to continuous improvement to ensure that the department is as efficient as possible.
- Maintain and develop technical expertise. Provide advice to our clients, demonstrating sound technical judgement, an understanding of the business together with the overall client relationship.
- Attract, develop, engage and retain employees using available resources.
- Ensure appropriate skills training is in place and team members complete the necessary skills training requirements.
- Create an environment that is flexible/adaptable/able to change. Initiate and successfully implement department performance targets and objectives, both operational and project based.
- Provide senior manager review on audited annual and unaudited interim accounts for your clients.
- Provide a high class financial reporting service to your clients and related auditors.
- Ensure you and your team anticipates, monitors, actively manages and reports all risk and compliance issues, breaches and suspicious activities.
- Collaborate with staff in Ireland and the outsourced service provider to drive success of the department.
- Collaborate with colleagues globally as appropriate to service your clients or projects.
- Deal with complex issues on audits as they arise.
- Be able to deputise for your manager as required from time to time.
- Take on ad hoc project work as required from senior management.
- Perform other duties as required.
A qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CPA) with a business or related degree and having a number of years’ related experience in a similar environment including previous experience managing staff in a similar financial reporting environment preferably within the funds industry.
*Industry Knowledge *
Comprehensive procedural, technical and product knowledge of Financial Reporting, complemented with a detailed understanding of Fund Administration, Custody and Legal/Regulatory background.
- Experience in managing a number teams / people.
- Technical knowledge of accounting standards as they relate to funds (IFRS, FRS 102, UK GAAP, US GAAP).
- Ability to multi-task and be comfortable with managing difficult situations as they arise.
- Proficient in Microsoft office (eg. excel, word, power point).
- Up to date on all technical issues relating to format, presentation and content of interim and annual reports.
- Have an enquiring mind and a willingness to investigate and solve problems.
- Be able to communicate effectively with colleagues, clients and auditors at all levels.
- Ability to delegate work to others.
- Ability to hold and chair meetings as required.
- Ability to multitask and work in a pressurised environment.
- Experience in managing audit of company / trust accounts in a team environment
- Experience of working to deadlines.
- Seeks responsibility.
- Multi-tasking ability
- Adaptable – ability to develop new approaches to solving problems
Strong inter-personal skills
State Street Job ID: 152419
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
Job Title: Financial Reporting Fund Manager, Officer, FTC
Job ID: 152419
Full/Part Time: Full FTE
Location: Ireland - Kilkenny