State Street Portfolio Administrator, Associate 2 in Kilkenny, Ireland
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
The candidate will be expected to have previous experience of working within a custody operations department or trade processing area. The candidate is required to demonstrate a good knowledge of relevant work processes and a broad understanding of related and interfacing activities. This should include a broad understanding and operational knowledge of trade settlement, reconciliation, derivative instruments and ancillary custody products / services.
The candidate will be expected to work closely as part of a team and be able to manage multiple tasks and ensure effective delegation. The role will involve a significant amount of contact with clients and other internal groups within State Street. Strong communication skills are required.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist Team members in meeting their individual objectives:
- Timely and accurate completion of trade processing
- Enquiry resolution
- Team work flow:
- Ensure adequate cover when people are sick or on annual leave
- Appropriate allocation of work within team
- Appropriate sharing of work within team
- Appropriate allocation of project work
- Within team through effective team meetings
- Within team on a day to day basis
- Of all relevant issues to Manager on a timely basis
- Resolving complex queries
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- Excellent administrative, organisational and business support skills, with the ability to multi-task and to work calmly under pressure.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Possess excellent organisational, planning and co-ordination skills.
- Ability to work accurately to tight deadlines
- Proactive and able to work independently and as part of a team
- Significant relevant previous experience in a similar role required – expectation of 2+ years experience or equivalent breadth of experience
- Strong product/industry knowledge.
- Significant customer service experience.
- Be able to communicate effectively with colleagues at all levels.
- Highly-motivated and enthusiastic.
- Adaptable – ability to develop new approaches to solving problems.
- Strong inter-personal skills.
Recruiter: Nisha Jayaram
- Hiring Manager: Sinead O'Meara
Internal Closing Date: 07/31/2017
State Street Job ID: 150402
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
Job Title: Portfolio Administrator, Associate 2
Job ID: 150402
Full/Part Time: Full FTE
Location: Ireland - Kilkenny