State Street Transfer Agency Manager - Officer (Kilkenny) in Kilkenny, Ireland
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
* _Job Summary_:*
At this level you will be required to demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of relevant work processes alongside a broad understanding of related and interfacing activities to provide effective management of Transfer Agency. You will be expected manage day to day tasks pertinent to the department’s activities but a major focus will be on change management, resource planning and development, client relationship management and risk reduction.
- Responsible for the achievement of specific department/section performance targets and objectives
- As a member of the senior management team lead, direct and manage the department
- Make sound operational decisions
- Contribute to the development of the organisation in terms of financial planning, business strategy, service offerings and HR policies
- Development and maintenance of strong client relationships
- Handle and resolve complex/unusual operational and managerial problems that are referred from above and below
- Ensure that procedures, policies and processes are adhered to so that a high quality service is delivered to the customer. Propose and/or implement procedural changes to improve performance of the department or of related business areas
- Maintain and develop expertise demonstrating judgment and an understanding of the business
- Responsible for the development and continued maintenance of satisfactory operational client and regulatory body relationships
- Identify and secure resources required by the department and ensure effective utilisation
- Ensure that Transfer Agency is properly resourced both in terms of people and technology whilst complying with agreed budgetary guidelines
- Provide adequate training to all grades in support of the overall organisation & Transfer Agency Training Plan
- Assist more senior colleagues when required to do so and deputise in their absence
- Utilise management information as required to assist in managing both clients and resources
- Focus on development opportunities for your Senior Associates and ensure that time is made available to focus on non-operational management aspects of role through the delegation of tasks where appropriate.
- Using corporate PPR tools, actively participate in the performance appraisal process and monitor overall timeliness of completion for the entire team with your direct reports
RISK & REGULATORY
- Ensure compliance as appropriate with regulatory requirements and with the relevant short, medium and long-term goals, objectives and values of the organization
- Understand the risk environment within the team & manage appropriately
- Monitor the development and implementation of appropriate procedures to meet internal control and external compliance/regulatory requirements
- Provide regular feedback to managers and more senior colleagues with regard to Transfer Agency operations
- Attend and contribute to operational, client, risk, audit and regulatory meetings as required
- Actively participate in your chosen Focus Group
- Create an environment that is flexible and adaptable and be a champion of change
- Initiate and oversee tasks within a continuous improvement drive to ensure that the Department is efficient and seen as customer and quality driven
- Provide support to Senior Associates and their reports during the implementation of change
- Ensure participation in the completion and implementation of department wide projects as required and lead local team initiatives
Knowledge and skills required:
- Excellent administrative, organisational and business support skills, with the ability to multi-task and to work calmly under pressure.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Possess excellent organisational, planning and co-ordination skills.
- Ability to work accurately to tight deadlines
- Proactive and able to work independently and as part of a team
- Comprehensive procedural, technical and product knowledge of the Transfer Agency business is required. This should be complemented with a good understanding of Fund Accounting, Custody and Regulatory background to Funds Industry.
- Typically candidate will have 5-8 years experience in a similar environment including at least 3 years in a management/supervisory capacity.
- Accurate and Precise
- Team Oriented
- Excellent communications skills
State Street Job ID: 164325
Location: Bishops Square, Dublin
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
Job Title: Transfer Agency Manager - Officer (Kilkenny)
Job ID: 164325
Full/Part Time: Full FTE
Location: Ireland - Kilkenny