Baxter Junior Data Analyst: Vendor Master Data in Leinster, Ireland
Baxter Healthcare is a global leader in delivering critical therapies for patients with life threatening conditions. Our Blood
Therapies, Renal Therapies and Medication Delivery businesses hold leading positions in high growth global markets.
We assist healthcare professionals and their patients with treatment of complex medical conditions including haemophilia,
immune disorders, kidney disease, cancer, trauma and other conditions. Baxter applies its expertise in medical devices,
pharmaceuticals and biotechnology to make a meaningful difference in patients’ lives.
Finance Shared Services Centre (SSC).
Our SSC was set up in 2000 and is based in Deansgrange, Co Dublin. We support a number of Baxter’s European
businesses and are in the process of expanding our operations to increase the scope of services. Operations include:
accounts payable; accounts receivable; intercompany accounting; general ledger; fixed assets; inventory accounting
and treasury accounting. Ours is a multilingual and multicultural environment and we take pride in delivering exceptional
service to our customers. We can offer a great benefits package including professional examination support and an
excellent career path; we are a Platinum approved ACCA employer.
To help support our expansion we have the following vacancy:
Vendor Master Data Analyst
Purpose of Role:
Reporting to the Vendor Database Accounts Payable Manager, the purpose of the role is to manage the administration of
all Baxter’s Vendor Master Data Set-Up/Maintenance. This role will include the management and control of new Vendor
creation and/or Vendor change requests. The successful candidate will understand the requirements of SOX and have
previous experience of system administration with a particular focus on company standards.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Vendor Master Administration:
• Creation and maintenance of vendor master data according to established standards.
• Work collaboratively with other functions (e.g. PSM, Audit) to ensure master data related issues are resolved and
objectives are met.
• Manage relationships with key stakeholders, ensuring requirements are identified and met in a timely fashion.
• Serve as the “go-to” person for all matters related to EMEA vendor master data.
• Write, revise and verify standard operating procedures and other documentation for process design & evaluation,
• Analyze and solve Vendor master data problems and provide support for efficient daily operations.
• Support various projects by representing the VMDM function to ensure continued alignment between global and local
master data teams.
• Support project teams during data cleansing and migration activities.
• Provide training to other business units on VMDM processes and concepts.
• Support system development activities by assisting in requirements gathering, the drafting of test scripts, test execution,
• Lead data cleansing and harmonization activities and develop effective data cleansing rules and procedures in
coordination with internal stakeholders.
• Perform data quality audits of vendor master data to ensure it remains current and adheres to data quality standards.
• Identify and manage the escalation and resolution of data quality issues, as needed.
• 2 years of experience in a master data management related role.
• Highly detail oriented and the ability to consistently achieve high levels of accuracy.
• Strong analytical skills, in terms of both data and process management.
• High level of proficiency with MS Office programs. Proficiency with MS Access desirable.
• Ability to cope with ambiguity and implement structure and clarity.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Proactive and able to follow through on tasks.
• Strong organizational skills a must.
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, a must.
• Ability to act in a complex and rapidly changing environment.
• Ability to work well with people at various levels and with different cultural backgrounds.
• Strong customer service skills and the ability to work collaboratively with others.
• Proficiency in speaking, comprehending, reading and writing English is required.
2nd European Language
Job: *Finance and Accounting
Title: Junior Data Analyst: Vendor Master Data
Requisition ID: 170005P9