Kemp Technologies- New York Network Support Engineer (German Speaking) in Limerick, Ireland
In a collaborative environment, the Support Engineer (SE) provides technical assistance for KEMP’s LoadMaster and LoadMaster GEO products to customers and partners particular in the DACH Region.
SEs are expected to provide accurate support for a wide range of topics including configuration, troubleshooting, traffic analysis and application integration.
Support is delivered by phone, email and through remote screen sharing tools using a variety of troubleshooting tools and techniques. Engineers are required to follow through on technical issues until they are resolved.
All SEs are required to provide professional written and verbal communication to customers within expected service level response times.
Provide Tier 1-3 technical support to troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software issues on LoadMaster devices. Using: application protocols including HTTP, SMTP, DNS, FTP and SNMP, and VMware, Xen, Hyper-V virtualization and Cloud environments.
Appropriately, effectively and proactively communicate case statuses, plans of action and technical information to internal departments and external customers.
Generate clear and concise internal documentation in the form of case notes and technical notes
Maintain and improve KEMP’s excellent customer support
• The Technical Support Engineer is responsible for responding to and resolving complexcustomer problems via phone, email and remote access for the company’s products
• Key technical interface to product development for the resolution of high impact issues
• Work on escalations with product development to investigate and resolve software and hardware issues
• Analyzing customer network traces, debug logs and identify issues.
• Mentor junior engineers within the group.
• Develop and maintain in-house customer support technical articles.
• Recreate reported issues in lab with customer's configuration.
• Manage and deliver on internal projects and targets.
• Candidates should have previous Networking experience.
• In-depth knowledge of networking protocols, specifically TCP/IP.
• Understanding of Network Security, SSL and TLS.
• Proficiency with Windows systems.
• Previous experience with Linux may be desirable
• Excellent troubleshooting, analysis and creative problem-solving abilities.
• Ability to relay technical information to customers with varying skill levels.
• Ability to multi-task and manage time effectively.
• Read, write and speak German and English fluently, including technical concepts and terminology.
• BA/BS degree or equivalent experience preferred.
• Positive attitude and strong work ethic.
• Proficiency with Windows and Linux Operating Systems
• Microsoft Exchange, SharePoint, Skype for Business experience is desirable
• Technical Certifications such as CCNA, CCNP, MCSE or VCP5 are advantageous but not required
External Company Name: KEMP Technologies
External Company URL: www.kemptechnologies.com