Dell Sr Advisor, Material Planning in Limerick, Ireland
Materials Planning Senior Advisor Competitive salary Limerick, Ireland
People make Dell – so wherever in the world they work, everyone is rewarded for their contribution. Ready to develop your career in a truly global company? Within the Supply Chain organisation at Dell, we are looking for a Materials Planning Senior Advisor to join our team in Limerick, Ireland.
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live
This role is part of Demand Supply Planning in EMEA Global Operations and will be responsible for developing the forecast for a specific Commodity, Base or Line of Business across the Dell product portfolio. Collaboration with Global Operations, Marketing & Procurement is critical to the success of this role. Primary responsibilities include ownership of the forecast process, collaboration across Sales, Marketing and Procurement to build that forecast. Key results include improved forecast accuracy, improved product lead-times, and setting a better customer experience.
Ensure Continuity of Supply
o Manage the supply-chain manufacturing cycle time/lead time. o Manage demand sensing and demand shaping solutions. o Excellent product and technical knowledge.
- Monitor forecast versus actual bookings and make adjustments as required. 5. Provide options for part shortages & supply-chain challenges.
- Communicate forecasting issues to appropriate groups and ensure revisions are made to forecast within the specified time.
- Supply-chain reporting and planning metrics management.
- Define & implement strategies that optimize the balance between Demand, Supply and Operational effectiveness incorporating understanding of product life cycle management, forecasting analytics and market intelligence.
- Exercise influence driving Sales Organizations to Plan What They Sell & Sell What They Plan.
Provide interface between Regional and Global Planning Teams supporting global product strategy execution.
Extensive and in-depth knowledge of planning, data analysis and data modelling.
- The person should have solid analytical skills to resolve ad-hoc issues and adjust to the dynamic requirements of our customer and supplier base.
- High level of proficiency is required in spreadsheet and database analysis tools, specifically MS Excel, Hyperion & PowerPoint.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Must be a team player, have the ability to be flexible, be able to develop in the role and develop relationships across the business.
Degree and/or MBA in any discipline (Business, Finance, Economics, Engineering or related field).
Benefits Our people are the most critical component of our long-term success and their health and wellbeing are our priority. You will enjoy a comprehensive, locally competitive benefits package.
Closing date: Taking Applications Today!
Dell is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
Job: *Material Planning
Organization: *Client Solutions
Title: Sr Advisor, Material Planning
Location: Europe, Middle East, Africa-IE-Munster-Limerick
Requisition ID: 17000LKF