Arup Senior Electrical Engineer in NA, Ireland
We are seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer to join our Dublin office.
Arup is an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services worldwide. Through our work, we make a positive difference and help shape a better world.
Our employees are proud to work at Arup. This pride comes from the firm’s unique values, which stem from our special independent ownership structure. It comes from the opportunities they get to work with talented people and leading experts who are keen to share their knowledge. And it comes from working on some of the most exciting projects around, supported by unrivalled opportunities for learning.
Join Arup and you will have the freedom to push boundaries and the space to explore your career as you take responsibility for helping us to make a positive difference and shape a better world. We offer a highly competitive package of benefits, a package that is fair and flexible, including a fair salary, a share of Arup’s profits, double matching pension contribution, a range of learning opportunities, flexible working scheme, travel to work scheme, health insurance plans and subsidy, life assurance and income continuance protection.
Senior Electrical Engineer
We currently have a requirement for a Senior Electrical Engineer to join our Building Engineering Group in our Dublin office. We are a group of multi-disciplinary engineers who overcome complex challenges in the built environment with creativity, technical expertise, passion and a commitment to designing with a social purpose.
The successful candidate will be a Chartered Engineer or close to Chartered with minimum 7 years post-qualification experience looking to further their career within a leading edge consultancy with a friendly office environment. This is a permanent role and offers excellent prospects for career development and the opportunity be involved in a diverse and challenging range of design projects across all sectors including commercial, industrial, healthcare, data centres, retail, leisure and educational.
An integral member of our multi-disciplinary engineering team, you will be responsible for the design of various projects and will be expected to take them from initial brief through scheme & detail design to installation and commissioning support. With our commitment to training and development and our CPD accreditation from the Institution of Engineers of Ireland you can expect to build on your experience and skills in a supportive and challenging environment.
• Degree in Electrical Services Engineering or Electrical Engineering
• Chartered Engineer or close to Chartered
• Minimum 7 years post-qualification design experience
• Technically excellent with in-depth knowledge of relevant standards and regulations
• Experience in a range of medium to large-scale projects
• Experience in leading design teams
• Proven team player
• Organised and adaptable with a flexible approach to work
• Ability to deliver projects on time and within budget
• Competent in electrical design software
• A strong ability to communicate with the team and clients through sketching, drawing and in writing
• Willingness to travel
• Highly motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenges
Responsibilities will include:
• Project Planning and Management
• Preparation of contract documentation and specifications
• Designing and reviewing design work of intermediate and junior engineers
• Coordination of work with all members of design teams (architect, engineers of all disciplines, QS etc.)
• Ensuring that all designs and documents are prepared to the highest standards
• Estimating and Cost Control on projects
• Compiling project reports
• Conceptual design studies and reports
• Mentoring and development of junior and intermediate engineers in the group
Title: Senior Electrical Engineer
Requisition ID: DUB000023