Arup Senior Fire Engineer in NA, Ireland
Founded in 1946, we are the creative force at the heart of many of the world’s most prominent projects in the built environment, including the Sydney Opera House, the London Eye, and the Beijing National Stadium (aka the Bird's Nest). Current North American projects include Fulton Street Transit Center in NYC, California High-Speed Rail, and the Las Vegas Observation Wheel. We are an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services. Through our work we make a positive difference in the world.
Senior Fire Engineer
As one of Ireland’s leading fire engineering consultancies, we continue to secure significant projects both at home and in our global market. We are currently seeking to recruit a Senior Fire Engineer for our Dublin office
As a member of our team you will be responsible for project managing the technical and commercial delivery of innovative fire engineering solutions for various building types to meet our quality standards. Successful candidates will have the opportunity to work in projects in Ireland throughout Europe and globally.
The ideal candidate should be keen, enthusiastic and have an undergraduate or postgraduate qualification in fire engineering with a minimum of 6 years’ experience in delivering fire engineering solutions in past projects .Language capabilities and knowledge of international fire safety guidance (e.g. NFPA) and knowledge in the latest fire engineering software is also beneficial.
• Degree in fire engineering
• 6 years’ experience in a consultancy environment demonstrating fire engineering project delivery,
• Excellent report writing and communication skills,
• Good knowledge of fire engineering software packages
• Experience of developing and delivering innovative fire engineering solutions for various building types,
• Knowledge of Irish fire safety legislation and guidance as well as international guidance documents,
• Site-based experience,
• Experience in negotiations with Local authorities and other key stakeholders
• A European language would be beneficial.
Responsibilities will include
. Project Manage the Fire Engineering delivery of medium and large scale projects
• Developing fire engineering solutions for various building types and at various stages,
• Demonstrate the ability to develop, oversee and monitor performance based fire engineering solutions
• Carrying out risk assessments of existing buildings,
• Preparation of relevant documentation such as presentations, reports, sketches, drawings for both technical and business development purposes .
• Clear ability to liaise with the design team, client, local approving authorities, contractors and other third parties as required,
• Short-term travel as required,
• Maintaining quality standards
Title: Senior Fire Engineer
Requisition ID: DUB00001R