General Electric Lead Buyer in Shannon, Ireland
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
GE Oil & Gas fuels the future. We push the boundaries of technology to bring energy to the world. We are inventing the next industrial era in the oil and gas sector. In our labs and factories, and in the field, we constantly push the boundaries of technology to solve today’s toughest operational & commercial challenges. We have the skills, knowledge and technical expertise to bring together the physical and digital worlds to fuel the future. GE Oil & Gas is a fullstream company, working from exploration and production to downstream. A $19 billion leader designed for a world of complex resources. The deeper, the hotter, the more remote, the more logistically difficult or environmentally sensitive the challenge – the more GE Oil & Gas can help.
Through project management expertise and technology innovation, we work to help lower costs, make things faster, simpler and more productive for our customers.
In today’s era of complex resources, the deeper, the hotter, the more remote, the more logistically difficult or environmentally sensitive the challenge – the more we can help. The GE scale helps us bring new solutions to market quicker to help our customers adapt to the industry’s changing environment.
We go where you go and operate side-by-side in 120 countries. The closer we are to our customers, the quicker we can anticipate and solve their challenges.
We’re at work today, to ensure the next generation is equipped and empowered to go further and deeper, helping to fuel the future.
Follow GE Oil & Gas on Twitter @GE_OilandGas.
GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you!
This role is based in GE Sensing EMEA, Shannon. This is a permanent role with the GE Oil and Gas business.
Part of Value Stream Team, for Oil and Gas Products
• Lead a team of Buyers to provide a high level of service to our customers
• Lead and proactively manage issues related to supplier fulfilment
• Reach and exceed inventory target for Purchasing team through the use of innovative stocking practises while maintaining customer service levels
• Run and execute Daily MRP’s for agreed budget spend
• Support Deflation targets for the site by maintaining contract prices and seeking discounts
• Ensuring On time delivery is at 95% for our supplier base
• Maintain planning parameters for own products
• Working on Lean continuous improvement projects
• Issue Purchase Orders using sound purchasing practices and applicable company and government regulations
• Using ERP systems Oracle and SAP
• Extracting data and presenting to team and management
• Meet own and site purchasing metrics
• Executes routine analyses using vested methods and technologies and/or contributes to technological developments in teams under supervision.
• Works together with people from the business unit.
• Alternatively: executing routine but complex analysis
The ideal candidate will be an experienced Buyer ideally from a technical environment who can confidently lead a team and is committed to providing a high level of service to their customers. Previous experience of working in a manufacturing environment is advantageous.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent knowledge and experience
• IIPMM Purchasing qualification or equivalent
• Proven years business experience
• Experience in dealing with suppliers and supplier metrics
• Strong knowledge of MRP systems and preferred Oracle experience
• Highly proficient in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong knowledge of process flow charting
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
• Project management and decision making skills
• Ability to work independently.
• Strong problem solving skills.
Locations: Ireland; Shannon
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.