AbbVie Formulation Engineer (Drug Product) in Sligo, Ireland
Reporting to the Technical Operations Drug Product Lead, the Drug Product Engineer will primarily support Oral Solid Dose new product introductions. Additionally the candidate will support uninterrupted supply of commercial products and optimize commercial processes.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- To provide technical support and program management on oral solid dose NPI projects
- Takes ownership of the interface between pharmaceutical process requirements and OSD unit operation equipment.
- Must be fluent in data analysis. Routinely extracts relevant information from multivariate production data to deliver process and robustness improvements.
- Understands the influence of control systems on processing performance
- Works closely with Industrial Pharmacists, Analytical Scientists and Manufacturing Operations to deliver continuous improvement projects.
- Planning and leadership of technical transfers for future product introductions to the site.
- Work closely with Global Manufacturing Science and Technology and R&D, on the process development of future NPI products for AbbVie.
- Degree in an engineering, science or materials science discipline
- 2 Years experience in development or transfer of Oral Solid Dosage forms.
- Experience in new product introductions to pharmaceutical facilities is desirable.
- Demonstrated project management skills, including the ability to deliver projects on schedule, within budget, and meeting the predefined quality requirements are required.
- Experience in any of the following areas an advantage: tablet compression, encapsulation, wet granulation, roller compaction or tablet coating.
Job Classification: Experienced
Job: MANUFACTURING & OPERATIONS
Primary Location: Ireland-Connaught-Sligo
Req ID: 1704750