Fleetmatics Build and Release Engineer in Tallaght, Ireland
Join our world class team!
Outstanding opportunity to work with the world’s leading global provider of fleet management solutions.
Build and Release Engineer
Fleetmatics, a Verizon Company, has an immediate need for a Build and Release Engineer to join our expanding team.
Working as part of the Reveal development team and closely with a growing DevOps team, the role requires a person that is knowledgeable in the skills required to build and deploy large development projects using the latest versions of .NET and SQL Server.
While some exposure to existing tools and technologies is required, the successful applicant will be working in a rapidly evolving Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) environment.
This offers an excellent chance to gain experience in a cutting edge Development process but will require an individual who is willing to learn, adapt and has the ability to shape the way a team builds and releases software.
The candidate will work closely with a cross-functional team of .NET developers, QA Engineers, UX Designers and Build Engineers.
This is a hands on role in a fast-paced environment and requires a strong development background with the position located in our Dublin office.
• Working closely with a cross-functional team of Software Engineers, QA, DBAs and the Release Manager to ensure smooth deployments of software updates
• Pro-actively work with the team to improve the process of building and deploying solutions across all test and production environments
Essential Skills & Experience
• Degree in computer science or equivalent education.
• Experience as a Build/Release Engineer in an agile/scrum development environment
• Ability to anticipate problems and take decisive action, giving regard to the impact on other project teams, development partners and stakeholders.
• Excellent communications skills to clearly articulate complex technical issues to all levels of the organization (both technical and non-technical).
• Ability to approach problems with a sense of ownership, enthusiasm, and innovation.
• BSc computer science/engineering or similar
• Strong scripting and automation skills, especially Powershell.
• Experience of any of the following build technologies: TeamCity, Jenkins/Hudson, Cruise Control, MSDeploy, Nant, MS Lab Manager.
• Knowledge and experience using SVN
• Experience in automating database deployments and database versioning or source control tools
• Experience of deploying .NET Framework applications and components (WCF, ASP.NET, Windows services etc.).
• Experience of Microsoft SQL Server 2008 / 2012.
• Experience of IIS 7
External Company URL: www.fleetmatics.com