Cardinal Health Manufacturing Site Director in Tullamore, Ireland
Job Title: Manufacturing Site Director
Reporting to: VP Manufacturing, Europe and Asia
Division: Patient Monitoring & Recovery
The Site Director provides management leadership to the functions of the Manufacturing Plant at Tullamore including Manufacturing, Materials Management, Engineering, Operational Excellence, and an indirect reporting line to Human Resources and Quality and Finance.
The Manufacturing Site Director is responsible for:
a) overseeing all functions mentioned above to ensure that they support the overall Company goals and objectives;
b) developing and executing manufacturing and Operational Excellence strategies to achieve overall Company strategic objectives;
c) establishing departmental goals and objectives including financial budgets and time schedules; and
d) reporting to the Vice President of Manufacturing to apprise him of progress and conformance to department goals and objectives.
- Supervisory duties and responsibilities include: a) Responsible for performance management and development of direct reports including written performance appraisals; b) Administers company policies and procedures in theOperations Organization; c) Insures compliance with Quality Systems Regulations (QSR and ISO), safety policies, and good housekeeping; d) Responsible for initial training of new employees and on-going training of subordinates to ensure quality of work, Quality Systems Regulations (QSR and ISO), and other regulatory compliance; and e) Promotes Operational Excellence and emphasizes an environment that fosters teamwork and commitment to satisfy customer requirements.
- Assists the VP of Manufacturing in developing and managing the Company’s vision, mission, goals, and objectives.
- Provides input for the development of the Company Strategic Plan.
- Develops and executes manufacturing and Operational Excellence strategies to achieve overall Company strategic objectives.
Approves, influences and oversees the annual expense budgets for areas of responsibility and provides signature approval.
Oversees the progress of major plant projects and R&D programs to ensure that Company goals and objectives are clearly defined and met by all areas of responsibility.
- Reports directly to the VP of Manufacturing on the progress and status of project responsibilities.
- Provides effective communication with direct reports
- All employees are expected to pay attention to and work in support of a safe and healthy work environment. This includes following the established rules, policies and practices of environmental, health and safety with specific attention to the Medtronic Cardinal Rules.
- Adhere to GMP based Quality Systems requirements for medical devices and medicinal product (e.g. MDD, EU GMP Guidelines Vol IV Part 1 for medicinal product, ISO 13485).
- Involvement in community affairs.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities, as required. DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Business, Engineering or a related field with emphasis in management
- 10+ years of experience in manufacturing or related field.
- Management experience (Production, Engineering, Quality, etc.) including experience in leading a multi-disciplinary team
- Effective communicator for all levels of the organisation.
- Proven track record of team development and engagement.
- Commitment to continuous improvements with the initiative and ability to improve work processes SKILLS & COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
As a leader and Manager you will be expected to be a role model in exhibiting plant key behaviours and Leadership Essentials and fostering the development of Integrity, Excellence, Teamwork, and Accountability.
Essential criteria for the position are:
- Organised and resourceful with excellent attention to detail and ability to get the job done
- Ability to multi-task and to work in a high paced environment with an awareness of continued impact on production and the plant performance.
- Business focused, ability to manage and challenge
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and execute goals
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, coaching and development skills an advantage
- The ability to interact with employees at all levels of the organisation and build relationships with other departments
- Interviewing and presentation skills
- Managerial experience with manufacturing process knowledge and experience
- Ability to learn quickly and work on own initiative, under minimum supervision
- Quality awareness and a proven track record of excellent quality standards
- Commitment to continuous improvements with the initiative and ability to improve work processes
- Trustworthy and honest with a high level of integrity
- Customer focused and courteous
- Commitment to work within the ethos of the company Mission, Medical Devices & Supplies Guide to Compliance and Quality Manufacturing and The Compass guide to business conduct Leadership Essentials – expectations for Cardinal Health Leaders Thinks and acts strategically: • Develops a clear vision and makes it relevant for the activities of the team• Is curious and continuously asks questions to consider all possibilities and risks• Synthesizes and simplifies data from multiple sources into actionable insights• Identifies and responds to trends and directional shifts to create sustained success Has an enterprise perspective: • Makes decisions with the entire company’s best interest in mind• Collaborates and leverages resources/capabilities across teams to improve performance and foster innovation• Shares information and insights and looks at issues and opportunities in a holistic way• Actively develops talent that could move across the organization Attracts, develops and retains talent: • Leverages individual’s strengths to build strong, diverse teams with complementary skills• Balances the team with high potential and highly valued, strong performers with deep expertise; is an advocate for talent and builds a deep bench of talent for key roles• Dedicates considerable time to recruit, coach, reward, recognize, develop, and mentor• Is inclusive and empowers the team to make decisions at the right level• Objective in assessing talent and differentiates performance; Has meaningful, transparent, frequent performance and career/feedback discussions with others• Adapts leadership style to manage the team and interacts well with others Is aspirational and confident: • Not afraid to take reasonable risks, constantly challenging the status quo – asks “Why?” or “Why Not?”; leads change confidently• Does not just “manage what is” but strives to create “what can be;” embraces aggressive goals• Is self aware, thoughtful of impact on others; learns from wins and failures and adjusts accordingly Is an influential leader: • Communicates, navigates and collaborates effectively across all levels of the organization to solve issues• Earns respect; their perspective is insightful and sought out by others• Gains support and inspires followership• Motivates others and builds trusted relationships• Is visible within Cardinal Health and active in the industry and community Has personal courage and is resilient :• Speaks up and has a point of view even when it is unpopular and can “hold their own” when challenged• Embraces and encourages new ideas and drives Customer-centric innovation• Holds self and others accountable to high standards • Does what is right for our customer, employees and for the business• Recovers quickly after setbacks, learns from mistakes, embraces change and shows stamina through adversity Willing to roll up their sleeves: • Knows when to get into the details and “roll up your sleeves” to help with tactics• Delegates effectively, follows up appropriately and shows sound judgment• Learns and adapts quickly (is a quick study) Focused on getting the right things done: • Consistently delivers quality results and can be counted on to get things done with minimal follow up and with limited resources• Works well under pressure and acts with a sense of urgency• Constantly assesses shifting priorities and adjusts accordingly• Leverages business and financial acumen to enhance the customer experience• Celebrates successes and shares “credit” for work with others
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.