General Electric Lead Consultant in Various, Ireland
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
GE Healthcare at http://www.gehealthcare.com provides transformational medical technologies and services to meet the demand for increased access, enhanced quality and more affordable healthcare around the world. GE works on things that matter - great people and technologies taking on tough challenges. From medical imaging, software & IT, patient monitoring and diagnostics to drug discovery, biopharmaceutical manufacturing technologies and performance improvement solutions, GE Healthcare helps medical professionals deliver great healthcare to their patients.
Learn More About Careers at GE
Learn More About GE Healthcare
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you!
GE Healthcare Finnamore is looking for generalist, financial and clinical healthcare consultants. Whatever your areas of expertise, all healthcare consultants work as part of a client delivery team to create and implement advisory solution to improve financial, operational, clinical or patient safety outcomes within healthcare provider institutions. The healthcare consultant will own and personally deliver pieces of the overall client assignment as part of a team.
For all roles, the essential responsibilities include working as part of a team on numerous, complex and sometimes sensitive assignments and will play to your strengths in:
• Delivery of successful client assignments that achieve and exceed clients’ expectations.
• Independently collecting, validating, analysing and synthesizing data to support engagement objectives.
• Planning and completing assigned work within the engagement that is high quality, on time and within budget.
• Preparing and delivering succinct, clear and insightful executive level presentations.
• Proactively identifying client needs and assist in developing solutions.
• Facilitating effective, cross-functional working sessions with clients and stakeholders.
• Establishing credibility and developing relationship with all levels of client managers (both clinical and non-clinical) in a health setting.
• Understanding and applying the principles of change management to support implementation (and system wide transformation).
• Remaining up to date on the market place, understanding what the trends are in healthcare provision to be able to advise clients of best practice.
• Engage in continuous professional development, including change management and transformation techniques.
If you are interested in the financial healthcare consultant roles, you will have a financial background and will have gained experience and skills in areas such as; financial modelling, workforce planning, strategic financial planning and investment appraisal.
For those of you with a clinical background, you will be a clinically registered practitioner with broad sector service and operations experience with specialist knowledge in areas such as; urgent and emergency care, community services, primary care, mental health services, care pathways, outpatient and inpatient services etc.
• Bachelor’s degree and a minimum three years of experience in either advisory services, consulting, or performance improvement in a healthcare setting or equivalent knowledge & experience.
• Some years of experience leading and managing projects with outcome focused deliverables.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Excel, Power Point).
• Ability to travel at least 70%
• Ability to work internationally
• Language proficiency in region specific.
• MBA or master’s degree and proven years of experience in either advisory services or consulting and some years of healthcare clinical or administrative experience or equivalent knowledge & experience.
• Strong awareness and understanding of the healthcare industry and major trends in the geography in which client projects are delivered.
• Demonstrated data mining and analytical skills.
• Demonstrated expertise in driving change using Change Management tools.
• Demonstrated experience in LEAN or Six Sigma tools.
• Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills with demonstrated experience speaking and writing clearly and convincingly.
• Demonstrated business acumen and analytical skills.
• Ability to work independently and to consistently meet or exceed performance expectations.
• Ability to adjust work and communication style based on situational needs.
• Demonstrated aptitude for critical thinking to include the evaluation of ideas and synthesizing of information into insights.
• Proven ability to accomplish large volume of high quality work under pressure.
Locations: Ireland; Dublin, Cork, Limerick
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.