General Electric Sales Development Manager in Various, Ireland
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
There is no other life sciences company quite like GE Healthcare Life Sciences. A $5 billion business with more than 11,000 individuals in over 100 countries, we are at work enabling a new era in medicine. For more than 60 years, GE Healthcare Life Sciences has globally supported the development and use of new therapies, helping accelerate the journey from biological understanding to clinical therapy. GE Healthcare Life Sciences works with cutting edge technology enabling and advancing the discovery, diagnosis and medical treatments of the present and the future. We are accelerating biology to cell therapy in ways no other company can.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter and watch our discoveries in action on our YouTube channel.
Learn More About GE Healthcare Life Sciences
Learn More About Careers at GE Healthcare – Life Sciences at http://goo.gl/AEAOb0
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you!.
Reporting to the Modality Manager, The Sales Development Manager is responsible for developing the sales of BioProcess solutions in the sales region UK/IRL, with focus on the respective product platform, here: Bioreactors, ReadyToProcess™, and Filtration.
• Identify development potential in related accounts by studying current business.
• Exploring actively new opportunities together with the respective Account Managers and follow up by setting meetings.
• Planning, development, implementation and follow up of sales and activity plans, key account plans and other sales development activities, together with other stake holders like AMS, GSAMs, etc..
• Initiate sales process by building relationships with key customer personnel; qualifying potential and prioritize; scheduling appointments.
• Develop sales by making initial presentation; explaining product and service enhancements and additions; introducing new products and services within the respective product platform accountabilities.
• Support closing sales by overcoming objections.
• Budget accountable for sales of the respective product platform within the sales territory.
• Give applicative support including trouble shooting and answer customer queries of sophisticated technical and applicative nature.
• Lead technical and process related discussions with customer Subject Matter Experts
• Hold product and scientific presentations, and represent GE at relevant conferences in your territory
• Execute and/or coordinate bioreactor or filtration trials at customer facility
• Contribute information to sales strategies by evaluating current product results; identifying needs to be filled; monitoring competitive products; analyzing and relaying customer reactions.
• Document continuously progress of projects in related Customer Relationship Management tool. Highlight contingencies and opportunities to secure accurate forecast and budget information.
• Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
• Co-ordination of contacts with other possible resources external to sales (e.g. PMs in Uppsala and Westborough, and Marlborough) to support the customer related projects.
• Active participation in internal and external training, e.g. technical lectures during customer seminars
• Regular customer visits to establish long lasting customer relationship
• Support marketing activities in collecting and documenting activities of competitors. Participate in development of proposition which allow development, positioning and production of new sales support material.
Required education level
• Degree in bio-sciences/biotechnology or equivalent knowledge & experience.
• Bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering, mechanical engineering, biochemical engineering or
Biology or equivalent knowledge & experience.
• This is a home office based sales position and as such the candidate must reside within their territory or region in order to support this role.
• Some years field sales or applications or technical support and/or hands-on experience in related technologies
• Excellent oral presentation and technical writing skills.
• Regular travel, up to 50% or more, is required.
• Fluency in English (spoken and written) and ideally another European language, ability to work in a multi-culture working environment
SPECIAL WORK CIRCUMSTANCES:
• Must be prepared to travel as well globally, but mainly in Europe
• Strong knowledge and background of Filtration and Bioreactors such as e.g. Wave and Xcellerex, and Cell Culture
• Technical sales or sales support experience or direct employment in a biotech or pharmaceutical
production or process development environment
• Proven effective sales record in previous positions
• This position requires a high degree of self-motivation and prioritization skills. The candidate must also have a talent for getting along with and working productively with a variety of highly motivated sales personalities.
• Fluency in English (spoken and written) and ideally another major European language
• Good in communication and at presentation skills
• Ability to work in a multi-culture working environment
• Solid project management skills
• Creative, flexible and well-organised
• Team player
Locations: Ireland; Cork, Dublin, Limerick, ROI
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.