Aon Corporation Data Engineer in Ireland
The Aon Centre for Innovation and Analytics
The Aon Centre for Innovation and Analytics (ACIA) provides advanced insurance research, analytics and business intelligence to Aon colleagues and clients globally. Aon, employing 50,000 people in 120 countries, is the leading global provider of risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resources solutions and outsourcing services.
This position reports to the Data Engineering BI Manager
What is the Aon Colleague Experience?
Being a part of Aon means making a difference – every moment, every day – across the globe.
- It’s knowing that your work makes a difference – for our clients, our colleagues and our communities.
- It’s working every day with the best – people who are knowledgeable, passionate, conscientious, and innovative.
- It’s understand that you own your potential – to develop your skills, grow your career, and expand your reach across businesses and geographies
- It’s being valued for who are you are and what you bring to the firm – appreciation and recognition for your contributions, tools and resources to let you do your best work every day, a comprehensive total rewards package, and the encouragement to be your authentic self at work.
About the role
The ACIA is looking to hire a Data Engineer to support the design and development of ACIA’s data eco-system that enables the delivery and execution of the ACIA’s analytical objectives. The successful candidate will be part of the Data Engineering team. In the role you will:
- Work with the Data Engineering BI Manager and in collaboration with Aon’s business teams to define and deliver data solutions that enable and enhance ACIA’s reporting and analytical capabilities
- Design, develop, test, tune, deploy and support data pipeline solutions
- Support and maintain existing data pipeline processes as needed
- Develop and maintain the data layer that supports ACIA’s Tableau & Jaspersoft platforms
- Design and deliver BI solutions to meet a wide range of reporting needs across the organisation
- Interface with key business stakeholders to gather data integration requirements and develop solutions accordingly
- Maintain up to date documentation to enable clear outline of solutions
- Manage task list and communicate updates to stakeholders and team members following Agile Scrum methodology
- Work as key member of the core team to support the timely and efficient delivery of critical data solutions.
- 3-5 years hands on experience in a data centric environment working in the ETL/ELT, DataWarehouse, BI space
- Experience and comfort working with complex data and performing data analysis and report development
- Strong SQL experience across multiple platforms (MS SQL Server, Oracle, AWS Redshift etc.)
- Experience with enterprise BI/ Visualisation platforms such as Tableau, Qlikview, JasperSoft etc.
- Experience with data blending tools such as Alteryx
- Knowledge of Data Warehouse concepts and architectures
- Experience with enterprise scale ETL/ETL solutions such as IBM DataStage, SSIS, WhereScape RED preferred
- Experience developing data solutions on AWS preferred
- Knowledge of Agile/SCRUM is desirable
- Customer focused
- Have excellent communications skills (both oral and written)
- A strong collaborator and relationship builder
- A problem solver
- A team player that can work independently and think creatively
- Third level IT qualification or equivalent experience
- Post-graduate qualifications (in related discipline) would be advantageous
What you can expect from us
- Remuneration and attractive range of benefits geared to attract the very best
- Great career opportunities both in Ireland and globally.
- Opportunity to work with talented, motivated colleagues that will support your career growth
- Sport & Social club
If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please reference the job title in the subject.
Aon is an equal opportunity employer. Individuals are selected on the basis of their abilities and merits to perform the tasks required. Our policy is to be fair and consistent in all aspects of our business. We recognise respect and value differences and diversity. We embrace equality as part of our normal way of doing things because we believe that it is the right thing to do for our people, our clients and our success.
All applications received will be dealt with confidentially and subject to the company recruitment and selection processes.